PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScruffyDan

Lurker
Sep 6, 2020
Vancouver, Canada
ofdan.ca
I am new here, and am quite new to pipes in general. I am an occasional cigar smoker, but decent cigars cost more than I wanted to spend, so I tried a pipe. And I was hooked. I smoke 2-3 bowls a week (less in the Winter since I can't smoke in my Apartment or am not even supposed to smoke on the balcony)

I smoke mostly English blend with good amounts of Latakia but will experiment with other types of tobacco as well (it turns out I like Three Nuns a fair bit). I haven't yet delved into aromatics but I am sure I'll get there eventually.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Would it be more obvious if I apologized for not specifying which Vancouver I am from?

Just in case it isn't, I am from Vancouver BC
Wonderful city—not as nice as it was 50 years ago, but still great. Visited last Summer on way to Whistler.

You can put your location in your Profile—(please!—because people will forget!) and which will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, etc., etc..
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

ScruffyDan

Lurker
Sep 6, 2020
Vancouver, Canada
ofdan.ca
Wonderful city—not as nice as it was 50 years ago, but still great. Visited last Summer on way to Whistler.

You can put your location in your Profile—(please!—because people will forget!) and which will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, etc., etc..
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state.

Vancouver is a very nice spot. Just expensive as hell to live in. Had I bought property here 50 years ago, I would be a very wealthy man. But I didn't mostly because I didn't exist 50 years ago.

I have updated my Profile to indicate where I am from.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Welcome from Saskatchewan!

Similar situations here—apartment, no smoking even in balcony, forced by circumstances to 1-3 bowls a week. Similarities end there: I'm a devoted aromatic smoker. puffy

Status
Not open for further replies.