PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

LiamClanNastey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 29, 2022
England
Hi. Thanks for letting me join.

This is the site that appears most times when I’m searching for newbie answers so I thought it polite to stop “lurking”. I’m a (very) recent convert to the joys of the Pipe world. And fascinated by the intricacies surrounding pipe brands and techniques. My Peterson Donegal 999 has just arrived which I’m looking forward to spending contemplating times with. I love the Irish connection which is why I went that that route to start out. But I do now have a permanent search on EBay for a 1960 Dunhill Airstream for reasons I won’t bore you with yet.

My newbie question is on a blend. I’ve been advised (backed up by some posts here) to try Prince Albert but I can’t seem to find it in the U.K. Would the Rattrays Royal Albert be a similar blend under a different name? Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers.
NMc

Prozart

Lurker
Aug 16, 2022
Rhode Island
Welcome from Rhode Island! I started off with Savinellis but eventually found my way to Peterson and absolutely love them! I do have a few other brands but I pretty much only buy Petersons at this point. Enjoy!

P.S. I'm jealous of the ease you have in getting Samuel Gawith blends as 1792 is my favorite so far!

LiamClanNastey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 29, 2022
England
Thanks guys. So is P. Albert really an old codger's smoke? That probably fits ;)

I remember St Bruno on the TV Adverts as a kid. Loved the dog! Easy to get for me as supermarkets do it here. Otherwise we have to get tobaccos online and pay the obligatory Delivery Charge on top...