PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

LiamClanNastey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 29, 2022
England
Welcome from Rhode Island! I started off with Savinellis but eventually found my way to Peterson and absolutely love them! I do have a few other brands but I pretty much only buy Petersons at this point. Enjoy!

P.S. I'm jealous of the ease you have in getting Samuel Gawith blends as 1792 is my favorite so far!
What’s your favourite Prozart? I’d like to get a Racing green 264 fishtail but that’s purely based on aesthetics.

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
Welcome! Prince Albert is a burley flavored with chocolate/cocoa. Sutliff makes a match called either Match Prince Albert or Prince Andrew. If you can't get that, Mac Baren's Golden Extra is similar and of better quality, imo. The Mac Baren Sympony is similar but has some dark fired Kentucky, and is a little less sweet. They may be sold under a different name where you are, check the Mac Baren website. Cheers!

LiamClanNastey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 29, 2022
England
Welcome! Prince Albert is a burley flavored with chocolate/cocoa. Sutliff makes a match called either Match Prince Albert or Prince Andrew. If you can't get that, Mac Baren's Golden Extra is similar and of better quality, imo. The Mac Baren Sympony is similar but has some dark fired Kentucky, and is a little less sweet. They may be sold under a different name where you are, check the Mac Baren website. Cheers!
Thanks for that Romaso. I'll look into it
Cheers
NMc

Reactions: romaso

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
Thanks for that Romaso. I'll look into it
Cheers
NMc
Do you know about Tobacco Reviews?
Remember everyone is different, but if you find a reviewer with similar tastes based on what you've tried, that can help steer you more directly to what else you may like and prefer.

LiamClanNastey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 29, 2022
England
Do you know about Tobacco Reviews?
Remember everyone is different, but if you find a reviewer with similar tastes based on what you've tried, that can help steer you more directly to what else you may like and prefer.
Yes I’ve seen that. Thanks. Great site. Some of the names don’t crossover to the U.K. but a bit of research generally finds the equivalent. I’ve gone for a samples mix from a good site here and it seems well priced. Otherwise it’s £18 ($22 U.S.) per 50g to try things out.

I’m also trying to learn how to taste the blends properly. I guess that’s mostly about educating my palate. Nice problem to have 😉

LiamClanNastey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 29, 2022
England
I love my 2 Savinellis (first one was first -not a basket pipe- I bot almost 30 years ago; just got 2nd one for xmas!) I have not yet made the pilgrimage to the PPL (Peterson Promised Land) but I've finally conceeded that I need to try... puffy
It’s a great road trip Scottmi. Add a bit of Bushmills into the mix and it’s a great craic 🇮🇪