PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

FellPipe

Lurker
Jul 14, 2021
Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the tips too.
I think that I have given the wrong impression a little though sorry, I can't go to the Gawith factory and make orders, I have no privilege there at all.
My only benefit over others is that my local tobacconist seems to have a close relationship with GH and has not failed me before, I doubt my request have been too obscure though.
That said I'm happy to enquire there on the behalf of anyone though.
Sorry for the confusion.
I'll be sure to post a photo of my questionable RDF though. Fingers crossed!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Welcome from Chesterfield, Derbyshire.
I'm on the edge of the Peak District, like you I'm in a very attractive part of the country that I hope to explore a bit more once it's safer to travel.
I like to put my redcoat uniform on and smoke a clay pipe.
I'm interested in living history re-enactment and this is how I got into pipes, it started with seeing re-enactors smoking clay pipes so when I saw some for sale on the flea market I bought one.
Unfortunately I broke it not long after but I've had plenty more since!

Sgetz

Lifer
May 21, 2020
UK
Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the tips too.
I think that I have given the wrong impression a little though sorry, I can't go to the Gawith factory and make orders, I have no privilege there at all.
My only benefit over others is that my local tobacconist seems to have a close relationship with GH and has not failed me before, I doubt my request have been too obscure though.
That said I'm happy to enquire there on the behalf of anyone though.
Sorry for the confusion.
I'll be sure to post a photo of my questionable RDF though. Fingers crossed!
First, welcome from Durham in the UK. And second,may I ask the name of you local tobacconist so I can call in when in area. Please PM if you prefer

Reactions: Dudditz

FellPipe

Lurker
Jul 14, 2021
First, welcome from Durham in the UK. And second,may I ask the name of you local tobacconist so I can call in when in area. Please PM if you prefer
I go to Aireys of Kendal.
It's only a small newsagents but they have a decent selection of pipe tobacco and if you call them and place an order they can usually get what you're looking for quickly. Or at least they could 4 years ago, when last I was buying.

Sgetz

Lifer
May 21, 2020
UK
It's only a small newsagents but they have a decent selection of pipe tobacco and if you call them and place an order they can usually get what you're looking for quickly. Or at least they could 4 years ago, when last I was buying.
Thanks

Frasermac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2020
Aireys is a cracking wee shop and like you say, always have a good selection of the local tobacco ? It’s a pity it’s such a bloody pain to get to from the opposite side of the county ? (especially as we’re now inundated with tourists!).

FellPipe

Lurker
Jul 14, 2021
The Lake District is one of my favorite parts of the world, those deep blue lakes, roaming sheep, daffodils, English music halls, Wordsworth lore, and hikers. Welcome aboard from central North Carolina.
I'm glad to hear the majik of this place has reached across the pond.
I was brought up here and have always considered myself very lucky.
Only spent 12 hours in America, on a stop over flight once.
It's on my bucket list to explore your fantastic continent at some point... and sample your tobacco of course

Reactions: Mtlpiper
Sep 20, 2019
Welcome from Virginia!

The moment I saw the word 'Lakeland' I knew you would make lots of new friends here. Your message inbox is probably loaded already. ?

Enjoy your camping trip!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
FellPipe, the U.S. has a lot of territory, so it is likely best to plan carefully and visit selectively, using air travel and rental cars. Driving takes too much time, unless you are an ardent driver, and even so. I'd pick maybe three urban centers, and strategically placed small town and rural areas probably including National Parks. You can see a lot in a week or two, if well planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.