PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimPM

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2021
Hello all:

My name is Jim. I finally decided to formally sign-on with this illustrious group seeing that I am an active member of the related FB group. who finds much enjoyment from the discussions, tips, insights, and comradery of fellow pipers. Oh geez, I've been smoking pipes (on and off - on now a days) for about 15 years. I am an avid cigar smoker as well. Finding myself working homebound for the last year due to COVID and with the onset of this winter, my pipe-smoking has resumed and the frequency as taken a decided spike upwards. So I am kind of finding my legs once again having dispensed of piping for an extended time frame in favor of stogies. Much has changed in the landscape to say the least. Some of my favorite blends are either extinct or very hard to come by and man prices have jumped! Like many, I started with the OTC brands and aromatics and eventually found my standard fondness for quality English, Burleys and VAs. I haven't smoked a single cigar in 3 months as pipe smoking now as taken its roots once again; dumbfounding to me. Presently, I am trying to re-build up my rotation of "nice" pipes . Since January, I've bought a couple of nice Savinellis, 2 Petersons, an awesome Nording, a stylish Barraccini. and a handful of MM cobs to supplement the half dozen pipes I held from yesteryear. There are so many more makers out there now, at least more than I remember. Oh but for time and money. With all that, let me honestly state that I Look forward to learning, sharing and enjoying the content of this site. Thanks for allowing me to jump on board.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Hello all:

My name is Jim. I finally decided to formally sign-on with this illustrious group seeing that I am an active member of the related FB group. who finds much enjoyment from the discussions, tips, insights, and comradery of fellow pipers. Oh geez, I've been smoking pipes (on and off - on now a days) for about 15 years. I am an avid cigar smoker as well. Finding myself working homebound for the last year due to COVID and with the onset of this winter, my pipe-smoking has resumed and the frequency as taken a decided spike upwards. So I am kind of finding my legs once again having dispensed of piping for an extended time frame in favor of stogies. Much has changed in the landscape to say the least. Some of my favorite blends are either extinct or very hard to come by and man prices have jumped! Like many, I started with the OTC brands and aromatics and eventually found my standard fondness for quality English, Burleys and VAs. I haven't smoked a single cigar in 3 months as pipe smoking now as taken its roots once again; dumbfounding to me. Presently, I am trying to re-build up my rotation of "nice" pipes . Since January, I've bought a couple of nice Savinellis, 2 Petersons, an awesome Nording, a stylish Barraccini. and a handful of MM cobs to supplement the half dozen pipes I held from yesteryear. There are so many more makers out there now, at least more than I remember. Oh but for time and money. With all that, let me honestly state that I Look forward to learning, sharing and enjoying the content of this site. Thanks for allowing me to jump on board.
I like cigars too and almost never smoke them. The fact that I can get a tin of pipe tobacco for what three passable cigars cost means to me what's the point.

JimPM

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2021
Thanks all for the gracious welcoming; I appreciate it.

JimPM

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2021
Welcome to the forum, THE forum.
Gotcha. I've been perusing this forum here for a while now. There does seem to be more expertise, depth and meaningful commentary versus the FB group .Not that the FB group is worthless. It seems to be more show and tell; social in nature rather than topic informative. I'm hoping to learn from the Masters here on stumping questions that I hold or points for more substantial discussion.

Reactions: Rockyrepose

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Hello all:

Welcome from the SF Bay Area. I came to pipes from cigars myself, and seem to really alternate which one captures more of my attention at a given moment. Right now I am on a pipe kick, but probably still smoke 5 cigars a week or so. I remember reading something from Russ Oulette, the pipe tobacco blender, about how he thought it was good to smoke both pipes and cigars to keep your palate refreshed. Makes sense to me!

Reactions: Rockyrepose
Status
Not open for further replies.