PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcosEZLN

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2021
Birch Bay, WA, USA
Hello from a former Seattleite! Moved about 90 minutes north to Bellingham 3 years ago, love it up here. If you'd told me 20 years ago that today I could buy an ounce of pot from a retail store but mail ordering tobacco would be a black market business I wouldn't have believed it, but I still love living in WA.

Reactions: Greg J

Greg J

Lurker
Jul 30, 2021
Greetings from a fellow Seattlite!
Thanks! Are you a Seattle Pipe Club fellow by chance? I don't blame them for meeting in Fife (as you know, it's a lot easier in Seattle to find a place to smoke weed than it is tobacco), but man that's a drive!

Greg J

Lurker
Jul 30, 2021
Hello from a former Seattleite! Moved about 90 minutes north to Bellingham 3 years ago, love it up here. If you'd told me 20 years ago that today I could buy an ounce of pot from a retail store but mail ordering tobacco would be a black market business I wouldn't have believed it, but I still love living in WA.
Hahaha, I know, right? It's easier to get Cuban cigars shipped to Washington than it is American grown pipe tobacco. Luckily, there are stores that will do it, and even with the shipping cost it's a lot cheaper than buying it in-state because of our ridiculously high tobacco taxes.

I've heard great things about Bellingham, but I've only driven through it on a few occasions on my way up to Canada. Among other things, you guys seem to have a lot of great beer breweries. It feels like every other week I'm discovering a new favorite beer from one of the breweries up there.

Reactions: MarcosEZLN

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hi, I'm Greg and I live in Seattle. I was a long-time, big cigar smoker up until just a few months ago, when I came to the realization that, for some inexplicable reason, I no longer cared for cigars. So I switched to smoking only pipes and the rest is history.

Just in case anybody is wondering, I am not a member of the Seattle Pipe Club, which is mainly due to them not actually being in Seattle, haha (they meet in a town called Fife, which is farther away than this lazy pipe smoker is willing to drive).
Welcome to the forum!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I love Mt Ranier rising in the mist like the moon. Welcome aboard from central N.C.

Greg J

Lurker
Jul 30, 2021
Welcome from PA, and go Sonics, if they come back! (Fingers crossed.)
Thank you! The arena has been completely renovated and we just got an NHL team, so the stage is now finally set for an NBA team to return. I think it will happen sometime in the next three of four years.

Reactions: Bax Burley
Status
Not open for further replies.