PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

charliehooper

Lurker
Dec 26, 2023
Hello - I haven’t actually started smoking pipe tobacco yet, but want to learn more about it. I figure a forum like this might be a good place to start!

Sherlock Holmes inspired my interest in pipe tobacco (though I’m aware that he doesn’t necessarily smoke a pipe in the stories…), and I noticed that there’s a Professor Moriarty in the forum! I’m curious whether there are more Holmes fans among us?

- Charles

yanoJL

Lifer
Oct 21, 2022
Pismo Beach, California
Hello and welcome from California 🌞 Happy to have you here, friend!

Believe it or not, I just finished reading my first Sherlock Holmes story last week. I've seen the Basil Rathbone movies, but I had never actually read any of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's work until recently.
And to your point, Holmes and Watson were smoking cigarettes in the story.

Reactions: charliehooper

tobakenist

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Middle England
Hi and welcome from Northamptonshire, England. For Christmas this year I received a full set of 7 Peterson Sherlock Holmes Pipes from my Partner, she found them in a auction, all unsmoked from the late 80's to 1991, it included the pipe stand for all 7, I was over the moon when I saw them, they are not unsmoked now.

WVOldFart

Lifer
Sep 1, 2021
Eastern panhandle, WV
Hello and welcome from West Virginia. I have been a huge Sherlock Holmes fan since I was a child, which was a long time ago. Sherlock Holmes had his 3 pipe nights when he had a tough problem to solve. Welcome aboard.

Reactions: charliehooper