PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
Hello - I haven’t actually started smoking pipe tobacco yet, but want to learn more about it. I figure a forum like this might be a good place to start!

Sherlock Holmes inspired my interest in pipe tobacco (though I’m aware that he doesn’t necessarily smoke a pipe in the stories…), and I noticed that there’s a Professor Moriarty in the forum! I’m curious whether there are more Holmes fans among us?

- Charles
Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!

Reactions: charliehooper

BigEd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 19, 2023
Franklin, TN
Welcome from Tennessee. I read the Complete Works of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle 50 or so years ago along with a good deal of Tolkien. I recently decided to revisit those classics. I’ve started with the Hobbit but finding it to not be holding my attention the way it did the first time. I rather think that‘s probably due to knowing the story so well because of the movies, etc. I’m moving on to Holmes next. Thinking I’ll have forgotten the stories by now and find them more interestin.

Reactions: charliehooper