PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanH

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 29, 2021
North Alabama
Hello There,

After a three-decade hiatus got back into the hobby. Nowadays enjoying the taste, aromas, and relaxing moments with my pipe. Regretfully its seems nobody around here seems to smoke pipes anymore; kinda lonely hobby to partake in. Very much liking the forums though. Looking forwards to learning a lot more, increasing my small collection of pipes and tobaccos, and experiencing how my tastes develop in time. Good to be here.
Welcome from another Newbie

OldRocko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2021
South Florida USA
Welcome from KC!! I spent a couple of years in the Conch Republic when I was a child (<12). Loved the place.
Thanks Kcghost. I'd imagine Key West a fun place to live as a kid. Spent new years eve there once. Saw things on the street I never expected to see in this country.

Reactions: kcghost

OldRocko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2021
South Florida USA
Welcome from Michigan. I can totally relate, no one around me really smokes pipes either.
Thanks Esoteric. Big state Michigan.. with its location and history I'd expect more pipe smokers there. Would love to take my kids to the Ford museum sometime. What an interesting collection they have.

OldRocko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2021
South Florida USA
I have no idea! But you’ve got me reading about smokestack industry… perhaps fossil fuels burnt to produce steam for electricity/machinery… perhaps flue curing or processing tobacco?
Hi Matt. Apparently, besides tobacco and radio the owners where in the charcoal business. That may help explain the need for such a large smokestack. Here's an interesting link from Wikipedia - Larus and Brother Company - Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larus_and_Brother_Company

Reactions: MattRVA
Status
Not open for further replies.