PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome from the Central Coast of California!

I wish your father and you could have shared some bowls together. Sorry for your loss.

Don't worry about torching a pipe. You have to be very ham-handed to do so, or drunk, or a bit dim.

1619404084901.png

Reactions: JOHN72 and Manx

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I am very new to the world of pipes and tobacco. My father passed away and I inherited some items. I guess I wanted to learn more about how to do things correctly before just lighting one up. I look forward to learning many things from past and future posts here. Nice to meet you all.
Welcome to the forum and all things pipe.

I'm sorry to hear about your father, but hopefully you can remember him with your new interest in pipes.

Reactions: Manx
I am very new to the world of pipes and tobacco. My father passed away and I inherited some items. I guess I wanted to learn more about how to do things correctly before just lighting one up. I look forward to learning many things from past and future posts here. Nice to meet you all.
Welcome from tropical north Australia! I've returned to the pastime after a more than 30 year gap. It seems like I'm starting from scratch, lots of developments since I last enjoyed pipes. And I'm learning lots from this welcoming bunch, hope you do too.

Reactions: Manx and jpmcwjr

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
Hello Georgia, from the Texas of Canada!

Sucks about your Dad, but at least you can come here and learn about his hobby. Maybe you'll feel more of a connection with him as you smoke? It's a pretty reflective pastime. You might even be able to hand down one of his pipes to one of your kids one day. That would make me pretty happy if my grandkids ended up with my pipes when I was gone.

Cheers and good luck!
Where the hell is the Texas of Canada?
No offense intended. I’m a Canadian living in Kansas City - just never heard of the Texas of Canada.

Reactions: kcghost
Status
Not open for further replies.