PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manx

Lurker
Apr 22, 2021
Atlanta, GA
I am very new to the world of pipes and tobacco. My father passed away and I inherited some items. I guess I wanted to learn more about how to do things correctly before just lighting one up. I look forward to learning many things from past and future posts here. Nice to meet you all.

OneGoodBulldog

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2020
Hello Georgia, from the Texas of Canada!

Sucks about your Dad, but at least you can come here and learn about his hobby. Maybe you'll feel more of a connection with him as you smoke? It's a pretty reflective pastime. You might even be able to hand down one of his pipes to one of your kids one day. That would make me pretty happy if my grandkids ended up with my pipes when I was gone.

Cheers and good luck!

Reactions: kurtbob and Manx

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
You may know more than you think. My dad smoked his pipe from breakfast until bedtime all the time I was growing up, so when I finally bought a Tinder Box pipe when I was in my early thirties, the whole thing came to me imprinted in muscle memory from watching him smoke. Welcome aboard and "hey" from central North Carolina.

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
I am very new to the world of pipes and tobacco. My father passed away and I inherited some items. I guess I wanted to learn more about how to do things correctly before just lighting one up. I look forward to learning many things from past and future posts here. Nice to meet you all.
Welcome! I’m from Georgia, as well. Browse the forum obsessively for about a year and you will learn all the things! That’s what a did; I started smoking pipes about 2.5 years ago.

I am also currently in Georgia, born and raised in Peachtree City. I live in Senoia, now. If you’re on the south metro side, let me know! We can meet up and enjoy a few bowls ?

Reactions: kurtbob and Manx

Manx

Lurker
Apr 22, 2021
Atlanta, GA
Hello Georgia, from the Texas of Canada!

Sucks about your Dad, but at least you can come here and learn about his hobby. Maybe you'll feel more of a connection with him as you smoke? It's a pretty reflective pastime. You might even be able to hand down one of his pipes to one of your kids one day. That would make me pretty happy if my grandkids ended up with my pipes when I was gone.

Cheers and good luck!
Hi there! He smoked pretty much as long as I can remember. I always loved the way the tobacco smelled and I still do. My siblings and I split up the pipes and hopefully one day his grandkids will get one. I don't have any children but I could at some point gift one to a niece or nephew. Thanks for the idea. =)

Manx

Lurker
Apr 22, 2021
Atlanta, GA
You may know more than you think. My dad smoked his pipe from breakfast until bedtime all the time I was growing up, so when I finally bought a Tinder Box pipe when I was in my early thirties, the whole thing came to me imprinted in muscle memory from watching him smoke. Welcome aboard and "hey" from central North Carolina.
My dad also smoked pretty much his whole adult life. I hope you are right about picking up more than I may have realized. I have been reading here and there in my spare time and someone said that newbies end up torching the pipes so that made me a little nervous. I would hate to ruin one as I know they meant a lot to him. I may find a basic how to smoke video online first. It is good to hear that you picked it up and it felt natural. That makes me more relaxed. Thanks for the message.

Manx

Lurker
Apr 22, 2021
Atlanta, GA
Welcome! I’m from Georgia, as well. Browse the forum obsessively for about a year and you will learn all the things! That’s what a did; I started smoking pipes about 2.5 years ago.

I am also currently in Georgia, born and raised in Peachtree City. I live in Senoia, now. If you’re on the south metro side, let me know! We can meet up and enjoy a few bowls ?
Hello fellow Georgian. Good advice for sure and I will be soaking up all the knowledge I can find. I have yet to light one up yet until I make sure I won't damage a pipe. I started a bunch of projects at once so my researching time has been less than I would like at present. It is rainy so far today, so this might be the day to start.

I grew up in North Georgia but I live near the Little 5 points area in Atlanta now. Nice to meet you.

Manx

Lurker
Apr 22, 2021
Atlanta, GA
Welcome from Ohio!
Sorry to hear about your Father. I'd bet he'd be smiling down on you if you were to enjoy some of his pipes...........
Lot's of great info on here, and don't be shy about asking questions, we all had to learn at one point or the other!
Thanks beef! I have felt a little shy about asking questions. I appreciate that you all are being so welcoming.

Reactions: JOHN72 and kurtbob

Manx

Lurker
Apr 22, 2021
Atlanta, GA
Welcome to the forum, from Southern California. There's a veritable cornucopia of information to be found on here, along with many pro bono comedians and a preponderance of ball-busting. You have been warned! :LOL:
Thanks for the heads up! I like comedians but hopefully I won't be the butt of too many jokes until I get my bearings! haha.

Reactions: kurtbob
Status
Not open for further replies.