PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Flatfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 20, 2022
West Wales
I confess.
I have no interest in rugby. Didn't even know the game was on until I looked at the news this evening. I was quite surprised we won actually.
Formula 1 is more my thing. And that is quite dull these days.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hey from central North Carolina U.S. I like Peterson 3-P and also their Irish Flake, and many other blends with burley (and many without). I also like my Nording pipes a lot. I am also fond of my Ferndown and Britannia pipes. The Britannia is a lot of pipe at a moderate price. Welcome aboard.

Reactions: JC4life

JC4life

Lurker
Aug 5, 2023
Essex
Hello & welcome from Hereford 👍
3P’s is pretty good, if that does it for you, then I’d recommend you stick with it. You’ll turn it up a notch if you smoke it in a falcon, clay or meerschaum. As regards to ‘broadening your pallet’ the world is your oyster, as they say.
Smoke King used to sell 5g sample packs, if they still do, you should try the following;
GH’s Brown Flake Unscented
GH’s Rich Dark Honeydew (springdew)
St. Bruno (both flake & ready rubbed)
Gawith’s RB Plug
Gawith’s Full Virginia Plug
Gawith’s St. James’s Flake & Plug
Revor Plug
GH’s Westmoreland Slices
GH’s Dark Flake & Plug
GH’s Grasmere Flake
Germain’s Rich Dark Flake
That should keep you busy, for the time being anyway.
Nice one, that's a good list, thank you very much.

JC4life

Lurker
Aug 5, 2023
Essex
Hey from central North Carolina U.S. I like Peterson 3-P and also their Irish Flake, and many other blends with burley (and many without). I also like my Nording pipes a lot. I am also fond of my Ferndown and Britannia pipes. The Britannia is a lot of pipe at a moderate price. Welcome aboard.
Britannia, I'll have a look, thanks. As trudger said disposable income is going to take a hammering I think!

Reactions: trudger

jaingorenard

Apr 11, 2022
Norwich, UK
Welcome from Norfolk! @simong has given you some great suggestions. The only other thing I'd add that is fairly easily available is Original Flake (used to be Ogden's Walnut Flake, now made by MacBaren). It's a bit like St Bruno, slightly less flavoured. St Bruno was the first tobacco I ever smoked. I still love it, but Original Flake is a nice change of pace and I don't think I could ever get bored of it. I'd also second the suggestion of getting a falcon. It's an easy way to get a few different bowls for different styles of tobacco really cheaply. And because of the central hole they invariable burn and smoke well.

You could also pick up a Barber B-line pipe, apparently Dunhill seconds.

Reactions: simong

JC4life

Lurker
Aug 5, 2023
Essex
Hello & welcome from Hereford 👍
3P’s is pretty good, if that does it for you, then I’d recommend you stick with it. You’ll turn it up a notch if you smoke it in a falcon, clay or meerschaum. As regards to ‘broadening your pallet’ the world is your oyster, as they say.
Smoke King used to sell 5g sample packs, if they still do, you should try the following;
GH’s Brown Flake Unscented
GH’s Rich Dark Honeydew (springdew)
St. Bruno (both flake & ready rubbed)
Gawith’s RB Plug
Gawith’s Full Virginia Plug
Gawith’s St. James’s Flake & Plug
Revor Plug
GH’s Westmoreland Slices
GH’s Dark Flake & Plug
GH’s Grasmere Flake
Germain’s Rich Dark Flake
That should keep you busy, for the time being anyway.
Did some shopping, some were out of stock unfortunatly. They all sound great in the blurb, but that's their job I guess! Also what I said about macb stands but I got a freebie from the news agent this morning, a pack of gold block so old it was still in decorative packet. Took it home and steamed it lightly and its now keeping me going till tuesday delivery.

Attachments

• 20230806_101439.jpg
    20230806_101439.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20230806-092616_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20230806-092616_Gmail.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 4

JC4life

Lurker
Aug 5, 2023
Essex
Welcome from Norfolk! @simong has given you some great suggestions. The only other thing I'd add that is fairly easily available is Original Flake (used to be Ogden's Walnut Flake, now made by MacBaren). It's a bit like St Bruno, slightly less flavoured. St Bruno was the first tobacco I ever smoked. I still love it, but Original Flake is a nice change of pace and I don't think I could ever get bored of it. I'd also second the suggestion of getting a falcon. It's an easy way to get a few different bowls for different styles of tobacco really cheaply. And because of the central hole they invariable burn and smoke well.

You could also pick up a Barber B-line pipe, apparently Dunhill seconds.
I think a falcon will be the next investment. The site I use says meerschaum is in short supply so all the lined falcon bowels are out of stock. Do you know if this is peculiar to them or across the board? I'm currently without work so it'll be a whole till I take the plunge anyhow. Mind you it's my birthday coming up so maybe my sons will do the honours!

jaingorenard

Apr 11, 2022
Norwich, UK
I think a falcon will be the next investment. The site I use says meerschaum is in short supply so all the lined falcon bowels are out of stock. Do you know if this is peculiar to them or across the board? I'm currently without work so it'll be a whole till I take the plunge anyhow. Mind you it's my birthday coming up so maybe my sons will do the honours!
Haven't seen the lined ones for ages, but you can get full meerschaum bowls from Black Swan Shoppe:

dunnyboy

Lifer
Jul 6, 2018
New York
Welcome from NYC. Big fan of Solani 633 too. You might like Solani 660. It has a bit of dark fired Virginia in it instead of perique.

Reactions: JC4life