PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JC4life

Lurker
Aug 5, 2023
Essex
New member, lurked on and off for ages thought I'd better join! Hello, I'm Jim I've been smoking pipes for about a year or so, much prefer it to cigs and I can now breathe again without sounding like mutly from catch the pigeon. I'm generally broke so nothing amazing in the rotation but I do like my couple of little nording pokers. Have found macbaren tobacco doesn't seem to agree with me, I've stuck to petersons 3p and Solani 633 as that seems to work. Not a fan of white and black so I think latakia is out, although I like the aroma! Any suggestions to broaden my palet welcomed.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Essex. The county that fell off the back of a lorry! I am originally from Romford before it became twin towned with Beirut! You might consider Condor Ready Rubbed, Mellow Virginia or St Bruno.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and JC4life

JC4life

Lurker
Aug 5, 2023
Essex
Essex. The county that fell off the back of a lorry! I am originally from Romford before it became twin towned with Beirut! You might consider Condor Ready Rubbed, Mellow Virginia or St Bruno.
I take it you're a Condit man y the name! I had an uncle who smoked condor, the smell takes me straight back to my childhood, I like it a lot but find I can still taste it when I use the pipe again for other tobacco. Good stuff though. I've not given st bruno a go yet or mellow Virginia so maybe that should be my next stop. I've been using smoke-king from Leeds, it's a really good online shop with a great selection problem is I can't get away without spending a fortune. Twinned with Beirut made me lol , do you remember the sign for basildon on the a127 by the happy eater (now McDonald's) someone had put the same in black stencil underneath. Wasn't you was it🤣

trudger

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2019
‘Burbs of Detroit
Howdy from the Great Lake State of Michigan in the US. All disposable incomes will be spent on pipes and tobacco if you listen to these “gentlemen”.

Reactions: JC4life

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Have found macbaren tobacco doesn't seem to agree with me, I've stuck to petersons 3p and Solani 633 as that seems to work. Any suggestions to broaden my palet welcomed.
Hello & welcome from Hereford 👍
3P’s is pretty good, if that does it for you, then I’d recommend you stick with it. You’ll turn it up a notch if you smoke it in a falcon, clay or meerschaum. As regards to ‘broadening your pallet’ the world is your oyster, as they say.
Smoke King used to sell 5g sample packs, if they still do, you should try the following;
GH’s Brown Flake Unscented
GH’s Rich Dark Honeydew (springdew)
St. Bruno (both flake & ready rubbed)
Gawith’s RB Plug
Gawith’s Full Virginia Plug
Gawith’s St. James’s Flake & Plug
Revor Plug
GH’s Westmoreland Slices
GH’s Dark Flake & Plug
GH’s Grasmere Flake
Germain’s Rich Dark Flake
That should keep you busy, for the time being anyway.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Steady on Taffy, you want to smoke a pipe before you come on here & take the piss! Lol
As this is a pipesmoking forum, it really is a bit much for a ‘woke Welshman’ who has stated that he’s never smoked a pipe, doesn’t want to smoke a pipe & can’t see himself smoking a pipe in the future, to come on here & welcome a pipesmoking Englishman with a kick in the bollocks on his first post! Besides…..match was only a warm up.🤦‍♂️