Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Welcome aboard!
I've had my clay pipes about 18 months now although I've sold some, bought others and broken more than a few in that time!
At the moment I'm giving up pipe smoking to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support: Dan's De-Pipe - https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/dansdepipe
Last year I gave up chocolate as a fundraiser for British Heart Foundation; this year I'm giving up the pipe for a month in memory of a friend of mine who died of cancer 2 years ago, starting in a kidney and spreading to lung and he'd never smoked.
I've successfully managed the first day of my month long charity effort without wanting a smoke. Please wish me luck!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
halfdan, good luck with your smoking cessation charity effort; always good to pitch in for the cause, and thank you for the info on Chesterfield cigarettes, named after a town in Virginia, my neighboring state. In this part of the country, many names are derived from England, like Charlotte, Raleigh, Goldsboro, and so forth, since the European settlers were mostly English at one time. Chesterfield, Va., is a near suburb of Richmond, Va., contiguous really, and has only 2,200 people. Richmond is interesting for not having much sprawl, so you drive from the countryside to the city abruptly, it seemed to me.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
halfdan, good luck with your smoking cessation charity effort; always good to pitch in for the cause, and thank you for the info on Chesterfield cigarettes, named after a town in Virginia, my neighboring state. In this part of the country, many names are derived from England, like Charlotte, Raleigh, Goldsboro, and so forth, since the European settlers were mostly English at one time. Chesterfield, Va., is a near suburb of Richmond, Va., contiguous really, and has only 2,200 people. Richmond is interesting for not having much sprawl, so you drive from the countryside to the city abruptly, it seemed to me.
I've been given a Chesterfield cigarette to smoke after my abstinence this month, but resisted the temptation to smoke it!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Hi there, I've hit a relapse after having a smoke when I went to the VE Day party in my cul-de-sac, so I'm doing the cessation effort next month until I go to see Lace Wars or the Sealed Knot after the lockdown is lifted.
I would like to save money and increase my fitness, as working out and sword fighting are a lot more important to me than the 'pipe weed'!
I need help with my smoking cessation effort and it doesn't help that my local Co-Op store sells Condor!
If I don't take any money out with me and don't go to the Co-Op (or at least not the counter), I think that might help - is this correct?
Also, if I keep active, (running, walking, art / craft projects, buying / selling, taking online surveys) should help!
Once the lockdown is over, I'll start going to the hostel where I used to live for my baths, visit Mum & Dad, go back into adult education and start volunteering with the Don Catchment Rivers Trust, my life will be more busy / occupied and won't have so much spare time; so I'll only be smoking my clay pipe at re-enactments!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Welcome aboard, from Ontario Canada! Sorry for the loss of your friend.
Thanks.
Articles from York Press about Nathan (Rganar) here:
He died of cancer 2 years ago and had never smoked.
I hit a re-lapse so I'm giving up the pipe in June now (and the second half of May)!
I'm doing this (originally planned for May before my re-lapse) to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support and have collected £40 already - twice my original target!

Status
Not open for further replies.