Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Greetings one and all!
I'm Dan, I'm 37 years old and live in Chesterfield, Derbyshire, UK.
I first became interested in clay pipes when I saw an English Civil war re-enactor smoking one.
Later on, another re-enactor (Napoleonic redcoat this time) that I used to see at events at Cromford Mill regularly smoked a Georgian clay pipe.
This is the pipe I'm posing with in my profile picture (there was no baccy in it as I'd accidentally tipped it out)!
After seeing a few other re-enactors smoking clay pipes, this is when I knew I wanted to smoke one, so when I saw some for sale at Chesterfield flea market in 2018 (after I moved out of my parents' house), I bought a couple.
Now I've got quite a few, although Mum and Dad are looking after them for me, apart from my latest one that I got off eBay from The Pipe Rack.
I've smoked 4 pouches of Condor Ready Rubbed in my latest clay since I received it last week, so I'm giving up the pipe in May to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support in memory of a friend who died of cancer 2 years ago.
Link to fundraising website:

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Welcome to the world of pipe smoking. I've been interested in the qualities of a clay pipe and have always been meaning to add one to the collection.

There are lots of UK members on here as well. Don't be afraid to ask questions, this is a very supportive community.

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
Welcome from S.W Michigan. Good luck with the charity drive. Every bit helps even if its only the cost of a few pouches of tobacco added to the charity.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome from central North Carolina, U.S. In the 1950's, there was a U.S.-made cigarette called Chesterfield, undoubtedly borrowing the name of your city.

Riley

Lurker
Apr 30, 2020
Greetings one and all!
I'm Dan, I'm 37 years old and live in Chesterfield, Derbyshire, UK.
I first became interested in clay pipes when I saw an English Civil war re-enactor smoking one.
Later on, another re-enactor (Napoleonic redcoat this time) that I used to see at events at Cromford Mill regularly smoked a Georgian clay pipe.
This is the pipe I'm posing with in my profile picture (there was no baccy in it as I'd accidentally tipped it out)!
After seeing a few other re-enactors smoking clay pipes, this is when I knew I wanted to smoke one, so when I saw some for sale at Chesterfield flea market in 2018 (after I moved out of my parents' house), I bought a couple.
Now I've got quite a few, although Mum and Dad are looking after them for me, apart from my latest one that I got off eBay from The Pipe Rack.
I've smoked 4 pouches of Condor Ready Rubbed in my latest clay since I received it last week, so I'm giving up the pipe in May to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support in memory of a friend who died of cancer 2 years ago.
Link to fundraising website:
Hello I'm Riley 21 also from Chesterfield although I now live in Edinburgh and would like to know more

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Hello I'm Riley 21 also from Chesterfield although I now live in Edinburgh and would like to know more
Welcome aboard!
I've had my clay pipes about 18 months now although I've sold some, bought others and broken more than a few in that time!
At the moment I'm giving up pipe smoking to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support: Dan's De-Pipe - https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/dansdepipe
Last year I gave up chocolate as a fundraiser for British Heart Foundation; this year I'm giving up the pipe for a month in memory of a friend of mine who died of cancer 2 years ago, starting in a kidney and spreading to lung and he'd never smoked.

Status
Not open for further replies.