PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiskey Mick

Lurker
Feb 20, 2020
Central London
Hello from the middle of ‘The Big Smoke’. I’ve been smoking pipes on and off since the mid seventies or thereabouts. I gave up ciggies after half a century on New Year’s Day this year and now smoke pipes exclusively. I have a small collection aquired over time. Mostly Peterson but my daily smoke is a Rattray Fachen 110 or a rather rare and lovely GBD Coronation. I have a few meerschaum pipes that I don’t use very often.

Favorite tobaccos include: S&G St James Flake, Balkan Flake & Black XX Rope.
I really miss the original Balkan Sobrani.

Good to meet everyone hear and looking forward to reading your comments over a bowl or two.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina, U.S. I visited your city in the early 1980's with my late wife and also got to Canterbury and Scotland. London is just remarkable, a fine walking city with endless cultural resources. After losing my wife (I'm since remarried) I made a second trip to London only and climbed the dome at St. Paul's all the way to the lantern. I'm not great with heights, but it was worth it. I made a second trip to The Tower and took the boat up to Greenwich on the day of the high tide on the Thames, and rode the London Eye ferris wheel, and visited the War Rooms, among much else. I think one of my kin was choirmaster at Westminster Abbey, from the name on the plaque. Smoke a bowl in tribute to your city, for me. Oh, and attended a concert at St. Martin's in the Fields and ate in their basement cafeteria by candlelight. What's not to like?

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
What's your FB club?

Welcome from the Central Coast of California! Pull up a chair/stool/barrel and sit a while for a smoke and a chat.

You can put your location in your Profile, which will save questions in the future as to where you live should you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos of surroundings, and so forth.

Reactions: UncleRasta

Whiskey Mick

Lurker
Feb 20, 2020
Central London
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina, U.S. I visited your city in the early 1980's with my late wife and also got to Canterbury and Scotland. London is just remarkable, a fine walking city with endless cultural resources. After losing my wife (I'm since remarried) I made a second trip to London only and climbed the dome at St. Paul's all the way to the lantern. I'm not great with heights, but it was worth it. I made a second trip to The Tower and took the boat up to Greenwich on the day of the high tide on the Thames, and rode the London Eye ferris wheel, and visited the War Rooms, among much else. I think one of my kin was choirmaster at Westminster Abbey, from the name on the plaque. Smoke a bowl in tribute to your city, for me. Oh, and attended a concert at St. Martin's in the Fields and ate in their basement cafeteria by candlelight. What's not to like?
Very glad you enjoyed this fine city! If I’m kicking my heels I love the trip on the river bus to Greenwich and the National Maritime Museum to while away an hour or two running Lord Nelsons famous battles on a big table-top computer!

Whiskey Mick

Lurker
Feb 20, 2020
Central London
What's your FB club?

Welcome from the Central Coast of California! Pull up a chair/stool/barrel and sit a while for a smoke and a chat.

You can put your location in your Profile, which will save questions in the future as to where you live should you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos of surroundings, and so forth.
FB group I contribute to most is ’The Gentleman’s Pipe Smoking Society’. I chose a good day to hook in here as its International Pipe Smoking Day! I’ll do all the profile editing stuff shortly. Very good to meet you.

Reactions: rushx9

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
FB group I contribute to most is ’The Gentleman’s Pipe Smoking Society’. I chose a good day to hook in here as its International Pipe Smoking Day! I’ll do all the profile editing stuff shortly. Very good to meet you.
Oh! I should have written "Foot Ball" club. Big Tottenham supporter here.

And the boat ride to Greenwich, which I "discovered" a while ago, is one of my favorite places to visit as well as get to.

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
Welcome aboard! Dig those friendly chops! I also weaned myself off cigarettes with the pipe and haven't touched them since New Year. Looking forward to your contributions to discussions here!

Reactions: jpmcwjr

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
Be welcome from continental Europe - Germany. Black XX is really a special tobacco, recently I found out that it makes a great mix with Grousemoor... BTW - I would love to see a pic of that rare GBD on occasion.

Whiskey Mick

Lurker
Feb 20, 2020
Central London
Oh! I should have written "Foot Ball" club. Big Tottenham supporter here.

And the boat ride to Greenwich, which I "discovered" a while ago, is one of my favorite places to visit as well as get to.
Now football is 90mins of pretending you are hurt and Rugby is 80mins of pretending you are not! I’m very close to The Emirates - Up the Arsenal!! ?

Reactions: jpmcwjr

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Whiskey, welcome aboard from Virginia Beach,USA.
I had the good fortune to in Weymouth ,England during the second week of December.I like the beer taps where they have to actually pump the beer into your glass.Great town!
That would be out of an actual cask rather than a keg. A fine way to serve beer that is brutally under-represented in the old US of A. Fortunately more bars are starting to pick up on it and serve at least a few selections on cask. It really is quite delicious. Now if only we could get American breweries to make a decent English Bitter :mad:

maulragoth

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2018
Sweet GBD, Happy IPSD! Great to have you here. Looking forward to hearing of your adventures and thoughts! Grats on avoiding the cigarettes.

Reactions: Whiskey Mick
Status
Not open for further replies.