PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hello fellow pipe smokers,

I am from Berlin/Germany and relatively new to pipe smoking. I did try to get into it back when I was 18 thinking it looked cool in an intellectual way but failed to see the attraction of perpetual relights and tongue bite, and as there was noone around i could have asked for advice I quickly forgot about the whole thing. This only changed the year before last, when an old friend and part-time piper gave me a a lovely little Parker bulldog for my birthday. I consider smoking that pipe for the first time alongside that friend overlooking the picturesque marina of Aberystwyth (Wales) my true initiation into the world of pipe smoking. Since then I have grown ever fonder of this hobby and find myself struggling with bouts of PAD and TAD every now and then. The forum has been an indispensable companion for me along the way and I thought it was time for me now to step out of the shadow. ;)

Kind regards!
Servus!

This is a great little forum that can inform you on how to spend your money.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Beware: the forums offer a great deal of information and a certain amount of camaraderie, but if you're trying to be disciplined about the amount of money you spend on PAD and TAD, you're in the wrong place. One guy buys a new pipe. What does he do? Her posts a picture along side his enraptured comments about it. Another guy has posted about new smoke. He posts a small review and you read it. In either case you are closer to buying what he bought or something similar. Forum life is one long assault, suitably quixotic, on your wallet.

Reactions: Duke of Erinmore

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Hello from the UK! I love Berlin, very 'lively' city & good tobbaconists everywhere!?

Status
Not open for further replies.