PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

SmokingInTheWind

Can't Leave
Mar 24, 2024
New Mexico
Welcome from Greene,, Maine. I don't think we're famous for anything besides being the next town up the Androscoggin River from Lewiston.

I haven't lived in Maine since '96, but if I recall correctly The Sedgley Place Restaurant was known as a destination dining spot. At least that's something ;-)

I attended my grandparent's anniversary party there and from the internet it appears that they are still in business.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnnyBeach

anantaandroscoggin

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2017
Greene, Maine, USA
I haven't lived in Maine since '96, but if I recall correctly The Sedgley Place Restaurant was known as a destination dining spot. At least that's something ;-)

I attended my grandparent's anniversary party there and from the internet it appears that they are still in business.
As far as I've ever heard, the Sedgley is a Banquet-Style kind of restaurant, intended for large groups. Of course, my informants might have been as ill-informed as I am.

SmokingInTheWind

Can't Leave
Mar 24, 2024
New Mexico
As far as I've ever heard, the Sedgley is a Banquet-Style kind of restaurant, intended for large groups. Of course, my informants might have been as ill-informed as I am.

It was 40 years ago that I attended my grandparent's anniversary party there. I recall my aunt and uncle used to dine there on occasion. A lot can change in 40 years. Anyway, when I read that you were from Greene that is what popped into my head.

Last edited:
Reactions: anantaandroscoggin

jpmcwjr

Moderate Moderator
Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome from a former 'Summer person' on Mt. Desert! I so loves my trips Down East.

Please
put your location in your Profile!
Why: It will save time for others when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc.
How: Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down.