PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crwfshkid

Lurker
Apr 1, 2020
Alaska
Just making my first dive into the deep end. Thanks to this forum, I just purchased:

Balkan Supreme
C&D Briar Fox
Presbyterian
HH Burley Flake
Captan Blue Ready Rubbed
HH Old Dark Fired Flake
Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky

I appreciate all of the help. Looking forward to learning more. I reckon I'll need to add another pipe into the rotation to let mine rest...

jaxonlee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 26, 2020
Butte, Montana, USA
Just making my first dive into the deep end. Thanks to this forum, I just purchased:

Balkan Supreme
C&D Briar Fox
Presbyterian
HH Burley Flake
Captan Blue Ready Rubbed
HH Old Dark Fired Flake
Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky

I appreciate all of the help. Looking forward to learning more. I reckon I'll need to add another pipe into the rotation to let mine rest...
Sounds like a terrific dive into the deep end! That's a nice mix indeed.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Welcome to the forum from Chicago! Now that you have some tobacco blends, you can go to the tobacco subforum and tell us what you think. Since you are from Alaska, as a word of caution, use terms we understand. Whenever alaskan_piper posts a review, he always references moose. He'll say it "tastes like raw moose", "tastes like sauteed moose", "tastes like broiled moose" or "tastes like bbq moose." Most us have never tasted moose so the reference is just lost. (He also says things like "Haunted, knock it off or one day you'll be in the cross hairs of my moose gun! He's a kidder!)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome from central N.C. There's much to be said for matches for lighting pipes, the softness of the flame and the control.

WLC

Lurker
Mar 29, 2020
Welcome to the forum from Chicago! Now that you have some tobacco blends, you can go to the tobacco subforum and tell us what you think. Since you are from Alaska, as a word of caution, use terms we understand. Whenever alaskan_piper posts a review, he always references moose. He'll say it "tastes like raw moose", "tastes like sauteed moose", "tastes like broiled moose" or "tastes like bbq moose." Most us have never tasted moose so the reference is just lost. (He also says things like "Haunted, knock it off or one day you'll be in the cross hairs of my moose gun! He's a kidder!)

Just be wary if he ever says it tastes like moose nuggets....

And welcome from another newbie Alaskan that has just taken up the pipe.

docpierce

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2020
I've been lurking here for a few months, popping in to read some thread here and there, but the lockdowns have me reaching out. This place seems amazing and inviting. I did a dozen years in the Air Force, but now I have a job where I could keep flying instead of sitting a desk

I'm a super casual pipe smoker, with just a Peterson Donegal Rocky and a local B&M blend (Stoney's Blend).

Looking to get into some tins, having seen several recent threads that had a ton of information. The Instant Cellar thread seems like it has a great start for me to dig into.

I've really only have used a Bic or matches for lighting my pipe. Any recommendations for a solid & dependable lighter?
Oh boy. Here we go...a lighter fight.

My vote is a Corona ( no pun intended) Old Boy.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Hey it’s not my fault you are so uncultured! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: hauntedmyst
Status
Not open for further replies.