Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
We love to ride up Knik River Road. Beautiful area and always full of moose and other critters. Actually looked at some property there a few years ago but went another direction. We currently live between Wasilla and Big Lake. Planning on building a house this summer if everything falls in place and this virus stuff doesn't cause problems with it.

I bought a Petersen Aran smooth 02. Got some Mac Baren Scottish mix and a sampler from John Dengler tobbaco at the recommendation from an online acquaintance.
Right on! Gorilla country, hahaha. ???

We are also hoping to build a house this summer on some property we have just north of Palmer, about half way to Sutton. Also worried about virus implications ?

Reactions: WLC

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina, where I've lived most of my adult life after growing up in Chicagoland. I think Alaska is disproportionately represented on Forums, which leads me to ask, do flea markets and yard sales in Alaska offer lots of pipes and pipe racks? Seems like there must be a large per capita pipe smoking population.
No. Hahaha. The Pipe Club consists of about 10 people. I’ve only ever seen one pipe smoker outside of that, and he was a crazy homeless dude.

Don’t hit yard/garage sales often but you can usually find 10 or 12 pipes in the antique shops, but they are almost always grabow/carey/medico etc, have yet to find any gems. You can find some cool pipe racks though. Got one of mine there.

WLC

Lurker
Mar 29, 2020
The guy that recommended them said it was an awesome B&M. Hibernation.... Feels like it. Been a long winter this winter to me. Had some nice temps and sun last week, Got sun now, but hurricane force winds the past two days and it is getting under my skin.

bogfire

Might Stick Around
Apr 9, 2019
Welcome from Nova Scotia! My mother was born in Fairbanks and spent most of her childhood in Nome.

Reactions: WLC
Status
Not open for further replies.