PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

WLC

Lurker
Mar 29, 2020
I'm a cigar smoker that has had too much time on his hands recently and found a thread or two on another forum about pipes. This lead down a rabbit hole and I found this forum. Just ordered my first pipe and pipe tobacco. Here to read and learn.

Reactions: Pierre1965

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Not Long!!!!!! Welcome to the forum! I live in the Knik River area, near Knik River Lodge. If you guys get a chance, check out Alaska Pipe Club on facebook. We meet monthly. Small but a good group. Meetings have been on Zoom since the lockdown. Pipe smoking can be tricky at first, but once you practice a bit and get the hang of it, it’s amazing. Don’t be shy with any questions here, everyone here is happy to help! What pipe and tobacco did you get?

Welcome again! Great to see more Alaskans showing up here!

046C1707-95FA-45AE-9ADF-5DEF759EB2AB.jpeg

Last edited:

Gecko

Can't Leave
Dec 6, 2019
Sweden
Welcome from Sweden!
Pipe smoking can be tricky at first but don't stress and you'll soon get the hang of it.
You just need to sacrifice about 40 bowls to the pipe gods first before becoming proficient ?
And as alaskanpiper said if you have any questions or come across any stumbling blocks just post it to the friendly people here.

Reactions: Pierre1965

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
Not Long!!!!!! Welcome to the forum! I live in the Knik River area, near Knik River Lodge. If you guys get a chance, check out Alaska Pipe Club on facebook. We meet monthly. Small but a good group. Meetings have been on Zoom since the lockdown. Pipe smoking can be tricky at first, but once you practice a bit and get the hang of it, it’s amazing. Don’t be shy with any questions here, everyone here is happy to help! What pipe and tobacco did you get?

View attachment 24462

Leaf Lake?

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
Welcome from S.W. Michigan. I have smokes cigarettes, cigars and now a pipe over the years. I now only smoke a pipe as i find that to be the most enjoyable to me. Not as easy to learn as lighting cigarettes or a cigar but imo well worth the extra learning.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina, where I've lived most of my adult life after growing up in Chicagoland. I think Alaska is disproportionately represented on Forums, which leads me to ask, do flea markets and yard sales in Alaska offer lots of pipes and pipe racks? Seems like there must be a large per capita pipe smoking population.

WLC

Lurker
Mar 29, 2020

View attachment 24462
We love to ride up Knik River Road. Beautiful area and always full of moose and other critters. Actually looked at some property there a few years ago but went another direction. We currently live between Wasilla and Big Lake. Planning on building a house this summer if everything falls in place and this virus stuff doesn't cause problems with it.

I bought a Petersen Aran smooth 02. Got some Mac Baren Scottish mix and a sampler from John Dengler tobbaco at the recommendation from an online acquaintance.

Status
Not open for further replies.