Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
How does that "accedently" happen to a package? Looks almost intentional to me. Then they wonder why the post office has been going broke for decades. Treating you customers like that along with being soooo slow.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
I'm not surprised that SPC has made good with you. They have about the best customer service in the business.

However, this is a trend I've noticed lately from them. My packages from 6-12 months ago were packaged really well, with individually wrapped tins and lots of padding, but the past couple of orders just don't seem to show that level of attention to detail. This looks like a classic P and C (or Cigarbid-same company) packing job. One order I received from cigarbid about a year ago came in a huge box, and you could shake it and hear all the tins shifting from one side to another. I opened the box, and it was just like this, although it managed to not get stomped by USPS like your did. Tins thrown in without any packaging.

jerseysam

Can't Leave
Mar 24, 2019
Liberty Township. OH
Said genuinely curious.....for all those in this thread stating "on SP's/not USPS's fault"......how would that have been packed to avoid that damage by the carrier? When you look at the damage to both the corrugate and all layers of tins......that's got to be 100+ lbs laid on top of that package. It looks like a pallet was laid on top or slid into at speed. Everything is completely crushed....it's not dings from knocking around empty space.

Again, that's said in a completely curious tone only. To me nothing short of a wooden/metal crate would have stopped that damage.......but maybe folks are getting some new nano-technology steel infused brown packing paper that hasn't made it's way to the Midwest yet ;)

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I would blame UPS before SPC, a little paper wouldn't of helped protect that package.

What I find interesting is that the label on this one tin came completely off the tin. Or did you inspect each tin before putting them back in the box?

20201013_172238 - Edited.jpg

glassjapan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2017
For any vendor to just stack multiple rows of tins inside a box with no bubble wrap, butcher paper, no protection whatsoever, they're asking for damages.

This is totally on SP for not even trying to protect the contents. If you've never been around the transportation business, packages get thrown, kicked, stood on etc. If you ship something and don't place ANY protection around your item, this is what can easily happen.

It's so nice of UPS to give "special" people jobs.
Packages Fail GIF by Cheezburger - Find & Share on GIPHY

Jim Carrey Alrighty Then GIF by Ace Ventura - Find & Share on GIPHY

Recent Shipping Issues? - Page 2 - Comics General - CGC Comic Book  Collectors Chat Boards

fightnhampster

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 14, 2019
Indiana
I would blame UPS before SPC, a little paper wouldn't of helped protect that package.

What I find interesting is that the label on this one tin came completely off the tin. Or did you inspect each tin before putting them back in the box?

View attachment 46740

Yes, that one had the label almost completely off, so I tucked it in between after looking at the tin.

They did not have the usual brown wrapping, but really, that would not have protected them at all.

For what it's worth, I do not believe it was intentional. I have not had bad experiences with usps in the past, and get things shipped to me pretty regularly.