PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

duncan

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
When I was in Diego Garcia, we went deep sea fishing. We caught a few Wahoo and gave them a try, now I wish we could them up here since they were so good. We had the guys cut them up in steaks and slapped those puppies right on the grill.

jorchamp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 21, 2016
3 oz of meat or fish, kale, sweet potato, red pepper, white beans and quinoa: loose weight, lower blood pressure and lower cholesterol. Give it a try.

drbenway

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2017
During the week I just eat as much fruit, vegetables, nuts, seeds and brown rice as I can and drink at least 100 oz a water a day.No junk and I try to limit any and as much added sugar and salt as I can. Then on weekends I eat pizza or steak..what have you. I also have had issues with kidney stones, so that has been the main influence on my particular eating habits.

drbenway

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2017
I also bought a cold press juicer a few years ago and make fresh juice everyday. My wife think I am OCD about my eating, but I have to live in this body.

kanaia

Feb 3, 2013
All organic all the time, very low carbs and sugar intake and minimal excercise. It keeps the weight off and the BP down.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
Food is fuel. I pretty much like it all. I have used my 3 score and 10, so I just do what I want. If there is pizza, I eat it, if there is oatmeal, I eat it. Enjoy!

kanaia

Feb 3, 2013
Food is fuel. I pretty much like it all. I have used my 3 score and 10, so I just do what I want. If there is pizza, I eat it, if there is oatmeal, I eat it. Enjoy!
You nevada are a lucky man. Wish I could do the same as you.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
My diet is all organic, as in the common usage of the term, 80-20 burgers, all beef hotdogs, lots of Q, beef, etc. All my veggies are preprocessed by the pigs and beeves, excepting the potatos. They are usually coated in bacon grease, rolled in coarse sea salt and smoked. With enough "1,000" Island and garlic croutons, I can sometimes eat a green salad.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
I only eat Broccoli and Brussels sprouts... when I'm out of my ever lovin' mind!
The rest of the time it fried chicken, steak (and the only free grazing steak I eat is when I'm the free grazer), and an occasional slab of bacon with lots of well buttered grits. So yes, I eat very healthily.

cosmicbobo

May 11, 2017
Love organic products when available, though I would bathe in organic bacon fat if there were enough to give me a good coating

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I have an insanely overactive thyroid, and eat the most fattening foods with the highest calories I can find. Ironically, my cholesterol is extremely low, and I have 2% body fat.

josephcross

Dec 30, 2015
Mostly vegetarian. Occasionally I’ll eat fish. Lots of vegetables garnished with cheese pizza!

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
Healthy diet & lifestyle. May be a matter of perspective:
Q: Doctor, I’ve heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?

A: Your heart only good for so many beats, and that it…don’t waste on exercise. Everything wears out eventually. Speeding up heart not make you live longer; it like saying you extend life of car by driving faster. Want to live longer? Take nap.
Q: Should I cut down on meat and eat more fruits and vegetables?

A: You must grasp logistical efficiency. What does cow eat? Hay and corn. And what are these? Vegetables. So steak is nothing more than efficient mechanism of delivering vegetables to your system. Need grain? Eat chicken. Beef also good source of field grass (green leafy vegetable). And pork chop can give you 100% of recommended daily allowance of vegetable product.
Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?

A: No, not at all. Wine made from fruit. Brandy is distilled wine, that mean they take water out of fruity bit so you get even more of goodness that way. Beer also made of grain. Bottom up!
Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?

A: Can’t think of single one, sorry. My philosophy is: No pain…good!
Q: Aren’t fried foods bad for you?

A: YOU NOT LISTENING! Food are fried these day in vegetable oil. In fact, they permeated by it. How could getting more vegetable be bad for you?!?
Q: Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?

A: Definitely not! When you exercise muscle, it get bigger. You should only be doing sit-up if you want bigger stomach.
Q: Is chocolate bad for me?

A: Are you crazy?!? HEL-LO-O!! Cocoa bean! Another vegetable! It best feel-good food around!
Q: Is swimming good for your figure?

A: If swimming good for your figure, explain whale to me..
Q: Is getting in shape important for my lifestyle?

A: Hey! ‘Round’ is a shape!
Q: Should I stop pipe smoking?

A: PAY ATTENTION! Tobacco is a plant...a vegetable. What else is there to say?
:crazy:

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I have an insanely overactive thyroid, and eat the most fattening foods with the highest calories I can find. Ironically, my cholesterol is extremely low, and I have 2% body fat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfsTk5i7mPw

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
@Embers: I may owe you an apology...I was of course attempting to be funny because one can't help but be envious of being so unaffected by calories...but I got to thinking that if you actually have hyperthyroidism, that is of course no laughing matter. My apologies if that's the case...I hope it's not actually a serious problem for you.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
So far, only diagnosed "overactive thyroid", but in the same realm. Eating six to seven full meals per day is the norm for me.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
It figures that my captain would be unique. Just kidding Duane. Wish I could eat all I wanted. Now where's that wife mute button? :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.