SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Mar 1, 2014
I really like the milling on these lighters, and right now they are my workhorse pipe lighter.
It's a solid reliable design (theoretically as good as the original), wide enough the lid mostly gets out of the way when holding the lighter upside down to light a pipe, and since it's all solid copper construction it doesn't matter if the lighter is held doused in flame doubling back on itself, the body of the lighter has enough mass it takes a while to heat up.

Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
Hey didi, have you tried using the flints from old bics in your zippo? Curious to know if they actually work. I’ve recently gone zippo exclusive. I use a brushed brass/gold coloured one that brobs gave me. It has the pipe insert and a Guinness logo etched on the front. I also have a silver one with an etched pic of Ho Chi Minh on the front, I picked this up as a kid when I went to Vietnam
Definitely works. In my teenage cigarette smoking days, I've robbed many flints from roadside busted bics and used in my zippo.

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I really like the milling on these lighters, and right now they are my workhorse pipe lighter.
It's a solid reliable design (theoretically as good as the original), wide enough the lid mostly gets out of the way when holding the lighter upside down to light a pipe, and since it's all solid copper construction it doesn't matter if the lighter is held doused in flame doubling back on itself, the body of the lighter has enough mass it takes a while to heat up.
Ahhh the Fauxponts! My favorites. I have two and they have been great for a few years now. That one is very detailed and cool. Enjoy it.

Peter Peachfuzz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2019
Central Ohio
I have had 2 of their 'tribute' lighters for a few years never a problem.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I always use matches for the ritual and the sounds they make scratching then bursting to flame, but I have some lighters I really like, one from a Forums member who had it made with my ship, USS Gallant MSO 489, profiled on the case.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I’ve just got the one plain zippo with a thunderbird insert. I thought about buying an IM Corona before but I realized I’d rather buy another pipe or more tobacco.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon