PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Hey didi, have you tried using the flints from old bics in your zippo? Curious to know if they actually work. I’ve recently gone zippo exclusive. I use a brushed brass/gold coloured one that brobs gave me. It has the pipe insert and a Guinness logo etched on the front. I also have a silver one with an etched pic of Ho Chi Minh on the front, I picked this up as a kid when I went to Vietnam

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
With an interest in acquiring pipes waning, my attention has been drawn to my lighters. I only have a few, but the new arabesque IM Corona may be the start of a set of display pieces.

View attachment 95008View attachment 95009

Nice collection! I have several Zippos scattered around, and they all serve(d) me well, but I’ve been smitten IM Corona Old Boy. My only hesitation was going w/another fuel source, which is silly. The last one pictured above is the same that I was looking at… I believe it’s Arabesque Silver?

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
Hmmm where was the one I was eyeing? This one!

ZippoHandMadeArmorTwillArabesque_01.jpg

Hidiho

Lurker
May 25, 2021
Tasmania, Australia
Hey didi, have you tried using the flints from old bics in your zippo? Curious to know if they actually work. I’ve recently gone zippo exclusive. I use a brushed brass/gold coloured one that brobs gave me. It has the pipe insert and a Guinness logo etched on the front. I also have a silver one with an etched pic of Ho Chi Minh on the front, I picked this up as a kid when I went to Vietnam
Been using the Bic flints in my Zippo's for years now, I cut them in half with pliers as the Bic flints are usually twice the size of Zippo flints.

Have never had an issue with using the Bic Flints in the Zippo's..