PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

easydraw

Lurker
Nov 23, 2012
I find it to be one dimensional, it can be more cigarettish to me as well. There's nothing that I find pops or holds my interest in it. OJC is a much more better smoke for me.

oldtoby

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 7, 2011
I could smoke happily until the end of my days (well, maybe not) with Haunted Bookshop, Old Joe Krantz and PS Natural Dutch Cavendish. All are a little plain, a little "cigarette-y" but satisfying in some strange way. IMHO, of course. :puffy:

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I could smoke happily until the end of my days (well, maybe not) with Haunted Bookshop, Old Joe Krantz and PS Natural Dutch Cavendish. All are a little plain, a little "cigarette-y" but satisfying in some strange way. IMHO, of course. :puffy:
I'm the same way. I've never had PS Natural Dutch Cavendish, but I really enjoy the cigarette-like taste and smell of the other two. I don't like actual cigarettes, though I used to smoke once in a while. The pipe is so much better.

alexnc

Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
Don’t give up on HB. It’s a great blend. I absolutely hated it and OJK at first. Especially OJK. I think maybe if you’re not used to burley it might seem strong at first. Maybe that was just me. I think I was just starting to experiment with burley when I hated them. But now I love them both!

crawdad

Lifer
Jul 19, 2019
Virginia
For me HB was one where the hype didn't meet the reality, a disappointment considering I rely wanted to enjoy this blend. Obviously a case of how different one's own palate can be versus the prevailing opinion. HB did absolutely nothing for me, it was bland and cigarettey and I smoked the whole tin of it.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I recently tried HB for the first time...went through an 8oz tin.
I have to say I much prefer OJK. HB was good, but it seemed mostly like OJK light to me.

oldtoby

Dec 7, 2011
What's really cool about HB, OJK and NDC is that they make an excellent base for blending.
With a little bulk Perique, Latakia, and Virginia, you can do some very nice things. And that ain't a bad thing.

oldtoby

Dec 7, 2011
Pitchfork, great minds and all..... :wink:
Or maybe this? :crazy: lol

fightnhampster

Aug 14, 2019
Indiana
I tried OJK years ago and thought it was too harsh. Need to dig it our of the cellar again and give it another shot. Never tried HB, but will probably pick up an ounce or two with the sale going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.