Has Your Personality Progressed or Digressed Over Time?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2020
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

When a person becomes older the often lose idealism, become more realistic about life and how the world works. Maybe people become more honest and dependable too. I cannot speak for myself in a concrete way, like Matlock might of been able to discuss himself in that great TV show which has taught me a lot of lessons over the years, even if I did not follow them. What is your opinion on the subject?

Last edited by a moderator:

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
Yes, still early on into my thirties and am now in the mindset of charity starts at home, all that matters is my little nest etc.
This last year has opened my eyes to a lot of bullshit, mostly from politics and media, and society in general.
The rate I'm going I'll be a full blown curmudgeon in about 10 years.
Starting to wish it were sooner come to think of it, still too much 'Mr Nice Guy'.

Jan 27, 2020
Yes, still early on into my thirties and am now in the mindset of charity starts at home, all that matters is my little nest etc.
This last year has opened my eyes to a lot of bullshit, mostly from politics and media, and society in general.
The rate I'm going I'll be a full blown curmudgeon in about 10 years.
Starting to wish it were sooner come to think of it, still too much 'Mr Nice Guy'.

Well, if we become too bitter, we are the ones which life tastes bitter to despite seeming bitter to others.

Mr.Mike

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 11, 2019
Pennsylvania
I personally have come more blunt and unapologetic as time goes on. Competence has now become offensive and I've grown tired of it. I'm tired of empty ideals such as "no one is better then anyone else". The hell they are, if I am more responsible, make better decisions, and adhere to a solid moral framework, and you don't, then yes, I am better then you. Get over it.

OneGoodBulldog

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2020
I'm pretty cautious whenever that "progressive" word gets thrown around. Those types seem the sort to stand before the guillotines and cheer as the blade falls.

People are too obsessed with being good. I have faults, just like anyone else. If I thought that I had none, I'd be the sort to stand in front of the guillotine and cheer while the blade falls.

As I get older, the less patience I have for stupid bullshit. The younger me could set and listen to someone tell me all sorts of stupid stuff that is so dumb it numbs the brain. Now, phhhht, get out of my face with that. That, and nowadays people just have more stupid BS that they believe in or think... or the stupid has been said for so long that more people believe it. Chances are, I will be dead in 10 or so years... I don't want to waste heartbeats putting up with stupid.

Jan 27, 2020
As I get older, the less patience I have for stupid bullshit. The younger me could set and listen to someone tell me all sorts of stupid stuff that is so dumb it numbs the brain. Now, phhhht, get out of my face with that. That, and nowadays people just have more stupid BS that they believe in or think... or the stupid has been said for so long that more people believe it. Chances are, I will be dead in 10 or so years... I don't want to waste heartbeats putting up with stupid.

I guess that philosophy doesn't extend to reading and responding in forums?

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Have your done your own accounting recently or do you use an accountant for that?
I have a simple rule..... I treat everyone with dignity and respect, until they don’t respect my dignity.

As for accounting, I don’t give a shit what people think of my opinion. It’s an opinion. We need to move beyond gnashing and wailing when we hear or see things we don’t agree with.

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
I've hopefully become more tolerant, seeking more to understand than be understood. I see that we don't all have the same beginnings. A basic dignity can be given to anyone we chose whether they derserve it or not. It's really up to us most of the time.

Reactions: puff_not_snuff
Jan 27, 2020
I have a simple rule..... I treat everyone with dignity and respect, until they don’t respect my dignity.

As for accounting, I don’t give a shit what people think of my opinion. It’s an opinion. We need to move beyond gnashing and wailing when we hear or see things we don’t agree with.

That reminds me of something Matlock said which stuck with me. He said to someone on the stand "don't wait for final judgement it happens everyday".

Reactions: BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.