PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have "a gracious plenty" of pipes and tobaccos, and try to keep purchases small, though not nonexistent. I always have pipes in mind I admire, but I can always go to my racks and find something that looks a little new to me, after all those weeks. A few brands and carvers are always offering something appealing.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
While I think online sales have boomed, my guess is a lot of B&M's have been hurt. It used to be a lot of them didn't know how to react to change. Not sure how they are today.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Before virus I had no plans on buying anything tobacco wise except a few aged tins if they were what I was looking for. After virus I thought maybe I could pick off a few pipes from people who needed to sell. So far pipe prices have remained the same maybe even a tic higher on estates that I look at. I look in the 175-350 price range for artisans I know. I rarely take a chance on a new guy unless he is highly recommended by someone I trust.

The high end pipes like Bang,Balleby Former seem to be holding steady. I haven't noticed any movement in Castello either.From my vantage point it seems that most pipes from places like this are older and many of us are retired and the virus is not affecting us financially.
I am kind of surprised we haven't seen at least a couple of big sell offs but maybe they are coming.

Reactions: Casual
Status
Not open for further replies.