Has Anyone Ever Imported HU Tobacco from Pfeifen Depot?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I ran into the same VAT issue with a UK based vendor who claimed there was so much paperwork involved that they only refunded VAT on orders over a certain amount and that I'd have to pay the VAT then request a refund afterwards.

I find that very difficult to believe as I can order a £2 box of razor blades from a UK shaving supplies vendor, with the VAT automatically deducted. If there was a heap of paperwork involved, they just wouldn't do that. I think it's a ruse when companies do this as they know a fair percentage of customers will be too lazy to ask for the refund.

To be fair, the razor blade vendor may have and probably did have 100 or more times the transactions Pfeifen Depot has. If that is true, they may be more efficiently set up to handle documentation to deal with VAT. Just speculation on my part but seems possible and even logical.

Eaglesgift

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 15, 2020
Chiang Mai
To be fair, the razor blade vendor may have and probably did have 100 or more times the transactions Pfeifen Depot has. If that is true, they may be more efficiently set up to handle documentation to deal with VAT. Just speculation on my part but seems possible and even logical.
Yeah, you could be right. It wasn't supposed to sound like a direct attack on Pfeifen Depot, I should have said, "when *certain* companies do this". It's a bit of a bee in a bonnet topic for me.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

Eaglesgift

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 15, 2020
Chiang Mai
Yeah, you could be right. It wasn't supposed to sound like a direct attack on Pfeifen Depot, I should have said, "when *certain* companies do this". It's a bit of a bee in a bonnet topic for me.
Although, having said that, all they need to do is keep a copy of the invoice to prove it was a sale outside of the UK/EU so I don't see the need to make customers ask for a refund. That would just result in more paperwork for the vendor.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL

I didn't mean to imply you did. I have no favoritism. I buy from Estervals now. I think they are much larger than Pfeifen Depot and they don't charge VAT which further supports my speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.