Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Informed comments on politics do not exist, not even mine, astonishing as that is to me. It is an imaginary concept. But I think we were talking about self-defrocked and standing royalty. Charles, like the other top five (or so) royals spends his entire working life blessing various gatherings and events which involve groups of people. Even though the British, in the best of times, do a good job of standing far apart, they still encounter exhaled air and previously touched surfaces, and dare the occasional handshake. So there you go. They really are people like you and me, in that regard. Now I must go and be dressed by my valet, who I don't think has a cough. Stay well fellow Forums members.

Reactions: shanez

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
"ie the UK tax payer will fund it."

Paulfg, us British taxpayers are still waiting to be repaid the £2.5 million we forked out for the refurbishment of Frogmore Cottage.

Regards,

Jay ?
indeed Jay indeed,glad I no longer pay UK tax.
Perhaps Frogmore should be up for sale in rightmove.co.uk would pay the salary of quite a number of extra nurses;)

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
For the sake of clarity, my mention of a certain person's comments were intended purely as humour, there was no intention to upset anyone.

Clearly, and not for the first time, I seem to have misjudged how my attempt at humour might be construed as 'pot stirring'.

Please be assured no offence was intended, I was simply taking the Mickey out of the young couple who appear to be bouncing from one country to another until they find someone willing to support them and in the same news story happened to be the statement by DT.

Very sorry for any and all hurt feelings.

Regards,

Jay.

chilipalmer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2017
For the sake of clarity, my mention of a certain person's comments were intended purely as humour, there was no intention to upset anyone.

Clearly, and not for the first time, I seem to have misjudged how my attempt at humour might be construed as 'pot stirring'.

Please be assured no offence was intended, I was simply taking the Mickey out of the young couple who appear to be bouncing from one country to another until they find someone willing to support them and in the same news story happened to be the statement by DT.

Very sorry for any and all hurt feelings.

Hi, Jay!

So you know, my feelings weren't hurt. To be honest, they weren't even jangled. :)

Queen Elizabeth II is awesome. Her husband is legendary. Sadly, her heir is not exactly inspiring. Is it truly creditable that Harry may not be Charles' son?

Your comments about Harry and Meghan are spot on. They're just a pair of spoiled children looking for a free ride. I think the real lesson here is that no member of the House of Buckingham should ever be allowed to marry an American divorcee.

Lastly, carry on. All this concern over "feelings" is just nonsense.

Cheers,

Chili

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"I think the real lesson here is that no member of the House of Windsor should ever be allowed to marry an American divorcee."

Thanks Chili. I think Warren above got it with Edward and Mrs. Simpson. For whatever reason, these marriages have caused major issues with the house of Windsor.

HRH is said to have once said the two people who have caused her family the most grief were Adolph Hitler and Wallis Simpson!

Regards,

Jay ?

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Well you can't warn some people, they just gotta learn things the hard way. Harry is headed down a rough path,
I consider myself a big anglophile. I've always admired the Queen and how she has conducted herself. And the British people are just the best.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Yet ... you are reading this thread.rotf

What's your point? I enjoy this site a lot and have made some friends here. Now that for sure is in my top 1000. Because I read through this thread somehow made it leap onto my priority list? Perhaps your world is different. In mine, I'm able to separate intellectual curiosity from my life's priority list. Since it is your logic, obviously, those two clowns are reasonably high on your priority list.

Status
Not open for further replies.