PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I hope that 2023 is much better than 2022 for me. This year my wife passed away, my stepdaughter got breast cancer, my dog went blind and this last freeze, I had some pipes freeze and crack. I can't imagine things getting much worse other than if I die, but so far things are looking up. Stepdaughter is in remission from the cancer and is moving here, the dog seems to be adapting to his sight loss, and I got my water back for the most part, but will still have to have a plumber do some repairs. Oh and I got a nice old Upshall for Christmas. So happy new year to everyone!

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
Happy New Year! I'm beyond happy to see this shit year of 2022 done and buried. Here's hoping for better times in 2023. I lost my brother, uncle, and my favorite aunt, the last to Covid.
On the bright side, I made it past the "treacherous decade" of the 60 somethings, having turned 70.
In 2021 I had 4 family members pass; I lost my dad, 2 uncle's (1 to COVID), and my brother in-law's mother... in which all the feelings of loss carried over to 2022. The year of 2022 felt like wading through concrete. Congratulations on turning 70, my mom turns 70 this year (she's got me by 19 yrs) and is full of energy. Happy New Year!

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
For me xmas, birthday & new year all fall in the same week.

I celebrated xmas with a glass of Tamnavulin scotch, 61st birthday with a glass of Woods rum and last night a rather large tumbler of Wild Turkey 101 whilst enjoying the London fireworks on TV :) .

All done now for another year so happy 2023 to one and all.

Regards,

Jay.