PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

beastkhk

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2015
Sobelmans?! Well played sir, well played.
BTW, love what they did with the website. I haven't been to it in ages, but your pic reminded me of the bloody mary they offered that had the whole fried chicken in it and I wanted to see if it was still around.

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
The possibilities are endless, but I really enjoy a burger with a thick slab of sharp white cheddar and avacado slices. I have gotten away from using mustard of any sort on my burgers- I guess I just prefer mustard with brats or other sausage. In my mind, a good burger is all about the quality of the meat. The toppings should highlight quality ground beef. If the toppings dominate the flavor scene, usually it is to mask crappy meat. I like my burger done no more than medium- those charcoaled hockey pucks are a waste of time.

leacha

Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
Green%20Chile%20Sauce.jpg

leacha

Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
Green Chile. Once of the best things discovered when moving from Chicago to the the Southwest.

vfefrenzy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 4, 2014
My favorite burger has bleu cheese crumbles and bacon on it. The heat of the burger melts the cheese into a creamy delicious goo. Add in some buffalo wing sauce on the side and I'm in heaven.

dustmite

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
My best attempt so far was a home ground mix of sirloin and bacon, mixed in a bit of steak sauce and grilled. Topped with a good aged cheddar, no condiments necessary.

cpjeffrey11

Might Stick Around
Feb 24, 2015
Bacon - Chipotle aioli, roasted garlic, sun dried tomatoes, arugula, cracked pepper, extra sharp chedder. 1/2 pound patty with worcestershire sauce and a little truffle oil. All on a toasted cibatta bun.

vfefrenzy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 4, 2014
There's also a lot to be said for the Ron Swanson burgers:

"A hamburger, made of meat, on a bun, with nothing. Add ketchup if you want. I couldn't care less."
Also the Ron Swanson turkey burger:

"A fried turkey leg wrapped inside a hamburger[...]Delicious."

Ok, I was watching this thinking that it might go ridiculous, but you guys are being serious so, here is mine.
1 lb ground beef, one big handful of dried mint, three cloves of garlic, half a Spanish onion diced, and mix in an egg to help it stay together. Patty it up and grill.
Slice open your onions rolls and toast them.
Add a slice tangy fried green tomato and top with sauteed onions and kale.
Drizzle with hollandaise sauce.
...and prepare to slap the hell out of someone.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Hatch's Green Chiles, roasted.
Or a thin tomato & pepper based BBQ sauce that will soak into the burger, topped with a couple of French fried onion rings.

Status
Not open for further replies.