PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
I had to see what all the hype was about. So, I ordered 4oz, and MAAAAANN, I love it! I love the stuff. Only been smoking it for a few days, but it is like a good song that sums up all of your favorite music. My favorite music is Balkan. Black House is a concert of all that is good.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I'm almost to the end of my small sample from the Canadian box pass and I have to say that I will be ordering some soon. a Full Balkan that is never too spicy, or has sweetness and richness to back up the spicy and make this an all around great smoke.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Zanthal to my palate Larry's is more sweet smoke and Blackhouse is more meaty (grilled beef) wood. Somewhat similar flavor profiles but also worlds apart when it comes to the details

hans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2012
Smoking my very first pipe of Black House now. I must say this is one of those rare times where the flavor from the first char light was AMAZING and even better than the tin note. Much better actually. I'm almost finished the bowl and it's quite nice the whole way down with little loss in flavor. Very consistent and smooth.
compared to other similar blends i've tried this is very very smooth. To compare it to Larry's Blend it is less on the cedar - smokey medicine side and much more like a faint fire place and someone firing up their mahogany smoker.

It has a very slight sweetness which i love. Truly a balanced blend. Zero bite at all compared to Larry's Blend. Smokes really nicely when your third pinch is nice and tight.
I may be joining the Black Bloods. I am happy to report that this lives up to the hype so far. I am a brutal skeptic so I am happily surprised!

Status
Not open for further replies.