PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
As if there were any doubts, Blackhouse is a STELLAR Balkan!!! Sweet, leathery, musty, smokey, on and on with flavor. I kept puffing on my pipe until I realized there was nothing but ash left in the bowl. I'm not a reviewer the likes of our Baron, so all I can say is wow!!!! If you haven't tried a Balkan blend or have and enjoy them you must try Blackhouse! :puffy:

jameral

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 29, 2011
San Mateo
+1 tjameson, it is a stellar blend which I really enjoyed myself. For those of you who haven't tried it, do yourself a favor and pick up a tin or two; you won't be disappointed.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Do yourself a favor and pick up a pound or 2...should age VERY well :D

Jul 15, 2011
I have a tin of it but Im waiting for it to get super cold outside before I pop it open. Im thinking right around the end of Christmas, maybe even a little after new year. Or maybe Ill pop it open as a celebration when my girlfriend has her surgery, whichever comes first. :mrgreen:

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
Is the blackhouse a 'spicy" balkan? Of the few balkan blends I've tried that are too spicy for me? I'm more of a med to med-heavy English smoker, the balkans I've tried have something in there that makes it not enjoyable?

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
It is an awesome blend. It shot to the top of my list as soon as I tried it. I do need to buy a couple of pounds of the stuff to store. Does anybody know how the bulk compares to the tin?

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Until BS becomes widely available again -- i.e., never -- this blend is, to my mind, the quintessential English/Balkan tobacco. Simply outstanding. I find something new in the experience every time I smoke it. One of my top five blends ever smoked -- maybe top three.

driftstage5

Might Stick Around
Aug 13, 2011
Definitely gonna be on my next pipesandcigars order! Been on a balkan mood lately.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
SJ I too am not a big fan really of the "spicy" balkans that's a big reason PS Balkan Supreme is at te bottom of my Balkan list, not bad but not to my tastes. I found Blackhouse is just meaty, sweet, salty, herbal goodness really no physical spice to it but maybe some essence of certain cooking spices and herbs.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Also I think Baron's review hits the nail on the head in that sure there are flavors to be had but more than anything this smoke is ethereal and takes you to another place.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Baron I just nicked my hand cutting an apple and now there is this black liquid dripping all over my apple, what is that? Should I be concerned? :|

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Buahahaha!
Necromancer.gif

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I can't tell a difference between the tinned or bulk. I'm ageing some anyway. It's a really good smoke!

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
I am very anxious to try Blackhouse but mine has been on backorder over 3 weeks. I love Russ's tobaccos, I'm smoking some Sunjammer now. Hopefully they will be able to get production caught up soon.

Smokey

Status
Not open for further replies.