PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
My daily carry is a Shield 9mm with magguts that allows me 8 + 1 and 10 + 1.

Just picked up a CK P30sk V1 LEM sa/da. Waiting for the holster, but it may be my new every day. It's beautiful.

P30SK-V1LEM-Left-WEB1.jpg
M&Ps have the worst trigger out there.

that hk will shoot nice but I would never call one beautiful. It looks like if there were midget robots.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I wished we were allowed to own guns, hell if I protect my property and I get caught doing so I end up in jail and the intruder gets a get out of jail card. The regulations are so strict its practically not doable to have guns in your home, not for personal protection at least. storing them at the shooting range is much easier. If I would be allowed I wouldn't be able to pick, always imagined sleeping with a sawn off shotgun under my bed which is a terrible choice now as I want to hit the intruder, not the rest of my furniture.

A 12 gage assault shotgun loaded with double aught only leaves a hole about the size of your fist at 15 feet.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
This is my daily carry gun. I am by no means a gun nut though. I went through that phase years ago and only kept what I actually need. Ironically, the others were also lost in a boating accident....
Boats and guns don't mix...

Did you upgrade to a heavier recoil spring...?

Reactions: Reggie
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
00 2 3/4 at 10 yards leaves a ragged hole about the diameter of a quarter... but you've got 9 .32 cal projectiles tearing wound channels through a body... Those .32 cal projectiles have enough velocity to keep going and penetrate through walls. Indoors I'd use #4.

I shot my Mossburg at around 15 to 20 feet at the range with 00 military loads. The hole was bigger than a quarter. Wasn't as big as a fist like I mentioned, it was the best example I could come up with at the time. I agree with you, #4 is probably a better home defense solution. The 00 doesn't give you much margin for error, no more than a hand gun (aside from the fact if you hit someone in the arm or leg, you'd likely incapacitate them) and a miss could kill a family member in another room after it goes through the wall. Same reason I can't imagine using a .357 as a home defense weapon or in the car.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I shot my Mossburg at around 15 to 20 feet at the range with 00 military loads. The hole was bigger than a quarter. Wasn't as big as a fist like I mentioned, it was the best example I could come up with at the time. I agree with you, #4 is probably a better home defense solution. The 00 doesn't give you much margin for error, no more than a hand gun (aside from the fact if you hit someone in the arm or leg, you'd likely incapacitate them) and a miss could kill a family member in another room after it goes through the wall. Same reason I can't imagine using a .357 as a home defense weapon or in the car.

I keep light target loads #8 shot in my shotgun for home defense. I figure at guy-in-my-house ranges, my point will be made, and very little to nothing is going through my exterior walls into my neighbor's house. Opportunities for empirical testing have been thankfully non-existent.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
A hp .357 doesn’t penetrate that far

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I keep light target loads #8 shot in my shotgun for home defense. I figure at guy-in-my-house ranges, my point will be made, and very little to nothing is going through my exterior walls into my neighbor's house. Opportunities for empirical testing have been thankfully non-existent.
#8 shot may not stop anyone and may well piss them off real bad. Might as well shoot them with a .22

Status
Not open for further replies.