PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
One of the things I notice in schools now, verses when I was in school, is that kids don't segregate themself like we used to do. You could look across a lunchroom in the 80's and see distinct groups of cliques and races. Now, everyone mingles, even amongst racial lines. Or, maybe this is just in my area.

But, it is interesting that those of us from my generation still project cliques onto ourselves. We're grown assed men, still trying to pigeonhole people. But, hopefully, when this generation gets to be our age, we'll have less of this judgey judgey-ness.

Amazon.com: Square Pegs - The Complete Series : Sarah Jessica Parker, Amy  Linker, Jami Gertz: Movies & TV
How do you know how kids sit at tables?

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
If I wore skinny jeans I would look like a sasuage with the meat all pushed up at the top!

This ^^^^ made me think of what can happen when the Sausage Is Sexy approach is taken by women who must wear a top in addition to jeans:

Screen Shot 2022-09-23 at 4.53.00 PM.png

Reactions: jpmcwjr

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
BACK IN MY DAY WE WERENT AS WEIRD AS THESE DADGUMMED KIDS TODAY ARE.

You who even hazard to think this are bigger tools than you have the capacity to recognize.
It’s so repetitive, and so comical.
Dear Jesus, just stop.

Reactions: captainsousie

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013

You who even hazard to think this are bigger tools than you have the capacity to recognize.
Dear Jesus, just stop.

That was fast.

From "You guys crack me up" to "STFU!" with nothing in between.

Did your GF or wife just remind you of some household drudgery you promised to do this weekend? A tax bill came in the mail? Some five year old kids are screech-chasing each other outside your window?

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013

Dear Jesus, just stop.

Hm

The "Back in my day" reference is clearly another way of referring to so-called "boomers", who are definitely a group. A brotherhood of sorts whose bond is not only 60+ years of life experience in general, but shared experience.

And when that group behaves in the way that all humans do---and always have---by discussing (including the occasional joke and disparaging remark) another group which has different values, you consider them "tools" for doing so. You even question their mental capacity.

But that's exactly what YOU just did. Slammed the "boomers" as a categorical thing from YOUR position as a young guy with a sparkly beard, neck tats, a yarn hat, and tight jeans.

(OK, so I don't actually know about that last part---Sas says you have a 14" handlebar moustache, always wear a top hat, and love late-70's chartreuse Disco pants---but I do know you're young.)

That's confusin' rat thar, even for someone who drives Series 3 Land Rover (which is admittedly pretty cool)