PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

NikoReyes

Lurker
May 1, 2023
Certainly! If you're looking to treat yourself to a high-quality pipe from England, consider brands like Dunhill, Ashton, or Charatan. They are known for their excellent craftsmanship and offer a variety of straight billiard shapes to choose from. Investing in one of these brands ensures a timeless and durable smoking experience.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

Templekeeper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2023
Toronto
Hello everyone. I started smoking a pipe again a couple of months ago after a lengthy hiatus. I have so far only a couple of very cheap pipes from a local tobacconist and few cheap cobs. However tomorrow is my birthday and I am going for a day trip to Oxford to the tobacconist there to treat myself to a couple of things. I'm hoping to get a new pipe or two and a couple of tobacco tins. So far I have just been smoking St Bruno which in fairness I do really like but I'm wondering where to explore next - I'm not particularly drawn to aromatics but am open to pretty much anything else. I am torn between a straight billiard, a churchwarden (purely for my Tolkeinesque fantasies) and a Peterson system pipe. Any pipe/tobacco recomendations would be welcome. I generally favour smaller pipes as I often just put a pinch or two in because I usually smoke outside with cigarette smokers who are done in half the time I am! I also enjoy a far more leisurely bowl when at home on my own.
Welcome Tommy!
This pipe has a fairly small bowl: LOTR 13.2" tobacco smoking pipe CHURCHWARDEN
Might not be small enough to match cigarette smokers, but the bowl is narrower than many

traveling-america-greeting-card-toronto-canada-8061_30.jpg

luddite

Might Stick Around
Mar 31, 2023
Oakland, CA
Hi Tommy, welcome from Oakland. For smaller bowls, I find that handmade Chinese pipes aren't half bad. Consider the seller benandci on eBay, just make sure you stick to the auctions and avoid the "Buy it now" listings. (I think the "Buy it now" listings are returned merchandise, and they used to have quality control issues a few years ago...)

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
The Clay King welcomes you to the forum from Chesterfield, Derbyshire. I like to take a clay pipe when I go to living history re-enactments such as Lace Wars, the Sealed Knot etc. When I went to the Battle of Nantwich in January I had a pint and a clay with one of the re-enactors. As he usually smokes roll-ups I gave him a smoke of one of my clays to be more in period. With a pint of real ale in a pewter tankard and the church bells in the distance it was like we'd gone back in time!

JC4life

Lurker
Aug 5, 2023
Essex
Hello everyone. I started smoking a pipe again a couple of months ago after a lengthy hiatus. I have so far only a couple of very cheap pipes from a local tobacconist and few cheap cobs. However tomorrow is my birthday and I am going for a day trip to Oxford to the tobacconist there to treat myself to a couple of things. I'm hoping to get a new pipe or two and a couple of tobacco tins. So far I have just been smoking St Bruno which in fairness I do really like but I'm wondering where to explore next - I'm not particularly drawn to aromatics but am open to pretty much anything else. I am torn between a straight billiard, a churchwarden (purely for my Tolkeinesque fantasies) and a Peterson system pipe. Any pipe/tobacco recomendations would be welcome. I generally favour smaller pipes as I often just put a pinch or two in because I usually smoke outside with cigarette smokers who are done in half the time I am! I also enjoy a far more leisurely bowl when at home on my own.
Yes it is a bind keeping to cig times, i found a cheep falcon sport pipe with a little pre cut and dried petersons 3ps did the job. Also Solani Virginia flake seems to burn quick for me and is quite tasty also.