PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Welcome to the forum, from Southern California. You're not alone, FVF is notoriously difficult to keep lit, short of months-long dry time in the Sahara desert and a WWII-style flamethrower. Newminster #400 never offers even a fraction of the trouble, and is considerably cheaper. And available in bulk.

Enjoy the journey!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hey from central North Carolina. I've spent some time in Virginia, near D.C. on business, and personal travel to Richmond and Lexington and other places over the years. I attended a science meeting in Alexandria during a blizzard where everyone arrived by subway from the airport. Welcome aboard.

attic_piper

Lurker
Sep 22, 2023
Central Virginia
W
Hey from central North Carolina. I've spent some time in Virginia, near D.C. on business, and personal travel to Richmond and Lexington and other places over the years. I attended a science meeting in Alexandria during a blizzard where everyone arrived by subway from the airport. Welcome aboard.
Did you take a dip in the James River while you were here?

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
Hello, everyone. I've been a lurker for some time now and decided to finally make an account. I bought my first pipe at the age of eighteen, a little over twelve years ago. An estate Kaywoodie stinger, bent billiard.

I recall my first few tobaccos being quite possibly the worst for a beginner; Samuel Gawith FVF, McClelland Dark Star, rope tobaccos, etc. Even with all the readily available information on Youtube at the time I couldn't seem to keep to keep the thing lit for more than three arduous puffs at a time, but after months of trial and error I managed to elevate the figure to ten or twelve. A year or so passed, I lost interest, and stuck the pipe and tins in a box somewhere to sit alone and forgotten until around five years ago. I found all my pipe goods after a move, thought I'd give it another shot, and have been piping steadily ever since.

I smoke mainly C&D burley blends with the occasional vaper to mix things up. Looking forward to chatting with you all on the forums.
Welcome to the Forum from deep in the heart of Texas. You will find this site to be very informative and a bit entertaining. Enjoy your stay!

Reactions: attic_piper