PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reginald

Lurker
Apr 3, 2020
Florida
I started pipe smoking about a month ago when I helped a widow friend move and she gave me one her husband's old unsmoked meerschaums. I found an over-moist bag of Lane RHQ-3 at a cigar shop and I was off to the races.

My first bowl in that meerschaum was slightly less pleasurable than I'd hoped for. And the "learning" curve ensued.

Naturally I blamed the pipe;) and went and bought the Savinelli billiard on bottom right. As I was leaving the store the guy said, "By the way, don't smoke that every day!" ...Never trust a pipe salesman! LOL

So after finding this forum, lurking, and using the search function, I have learned a lot and had some laughs reading the posts. Still trying to smoke slower.

Tobacco-wise I'm sampling some aromatics but finding (for me) that the aroma is rarely lived up to by the flavor. So I'm looking for some mild (maybe somewhat sweet) non-aromatics to try next.

Hope everybody has a good Easter!

Attachments

• grp_pipescrp.jpg
    grp_pipescrp.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 13

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
Welcome from S.W Michigan. Funny how quickly 1 pipe turns into 6,12,18..... most people are worried about getting addicted to pipe tobaccos. But i find pipe addiction to be far more dangerous lol. We just watched an episode on Josh Gates about the sunken ships on Floridas treasure cost. Intertaing indeed, do you do any metal detecting? Welcome to the forum.

Reginald

Lurker
Apr 3, 2020
Florida
Welcome aboard from Largo, FL. You are in for a whirlwind adventure. If you want to try a light Latakia blend, I heartily recommend Presbyterian Mixture. For Burley exploration, don't overlook the codger blends like Prince Albert, Carter Hall, and others.
Cool! Will definitely check those out next....THANKS!

Reginald

Lurker
Apr 3, 2020
Florida
Welcome from S.W Michigan. Funny how quickly 1 pipe turns into 6,12,18..... most people are worried about getting addicted to pipe tobaccos. But i find pipe addiction to be far more dangerous lol. We just watched an episode on Josh Gates about the sunken ships on Floridas treasure cost. Intertaing indeed, do you do any metal detecting? Welcome to the forum.
I don't do any metal detecting but plenty do. The big treasure is in the water but so are the sharks!
Thanks for the welcome!

Reactions: maulragoth

Reginald

Lurker
Apr 3, 2020
Florida
Welcome aboard from Largo, FL. You are in for a whirlwind adventure. If you want to try a light Latakia blend, I heartily recommend Presbyterian Mixture. For Burley exploration, don't overlook the codger blends like Prince Albert, Carter Hall, and others.

I got the Persbyterian Mixture (my first non-aromatic) and it's my favorite blend to date! Codger blends up next, thanks!

maulragoth

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2018
Happy Easter brotha... glad to have you here, and hope you enjoy the journey for a long time. To try suggestions: Arango Balkan Supreme, Peter Stokkebye Luxury Flakes (all 3), then Comoy's Cask #4, and most of all GL Pease Gaslight. Those sure helped me a lot once I arrived at them.
p.s. nice collection of pipes there

Reactions: Reginald

Reginald

Lurker
Apr 3, 2020
Florida
Happy Easter brotha... glad to have you here, and hope you enjoy the journey for a long time. To try suggestions: Arango Balkan Supreme, Peter Stokkebye Luxury Flakes (all 3), then Comoy's Cask #4, and most of all GL Pease Gaslight. Those sure helped me a lot once I arrived at them.
p.s. nice collection of pipes there
None of these were on my radar yet....just added them to my hitlist. Thanks!

Welcome from St. Petersburg, FL. I second Carter Hall. Also G.L. Pease Maltese Falcon.

The Carter Hall is already enroute along with other codger blends. I'll definitely check out the Maltese Falcon and others' reccommended GL Pease blends. Thanks for the suggestions.

A mild, sweet non-aromatic.
I suggest Dunhill (Peterson) Early Morning Pipe.

Welcome to the fourms!

I tried to order the EMP but SmokingPipes was out on Friday, looking forward to this one. THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.