Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Hi there - joining you all from the Peak District, UK. I am a relative newcomer to the world of pipe smoking - having only purchased my first pipe (a humble Vauen briar) a year ago. I've been hooked since on the ritual of it all, not to mention the infinite selection of makers, shapes and tobaccos to get lost in.

It's been a fun (and somewhat expensive) year! Not a single regret however...

Anyway, since I occasionally find myself on here trawling through threads I find interesting I thought I should create an account and stop being so passive - it's great to see so many members; I am under 30 and know literally nobody into pipes in my social circle, so looking forward to having a few conversations.

I'm also extremely fond of hiking & wild camping, and I'm incredibly lucky to live in an area of natural beauty where I can combine the two hobbies with smoking my pipe - something that has added great pleasure to sitting around the camp-fire ?

I've no idea what else to say, so I'll leave it at that.

Happy smoking!

Fred
@FrumiousBandersnatch I live in Chesterfield so not that far away from you; it would be great if we could get together for a few beers & bowls when the pandemic is over!

TonyManx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2021
Connecticut
Welcome from Connecticut USA. I own one Vauen, and don't consider it a 'humble' pipe. I would like another. I also hike. I enjoy going somewhere that I can sit, and enjoy the view and a bowlful. I recent made a collapsible grill to take along, and warm a can of soup. BTW, I prefer to hike in cold weather, no sweating or insects.

Jan 31, 2021
Peak District, UK
Welcome from Connecticut USA. I own one Vauen, and don't consider it a 'humble' pipe. I would like another. I also hike. I enjoy going somewhere that I can sit, and enjoy the view and a bowlful. I recent made a collapsible grill to take along, and warm a can of soup. BTW, I prefer to hike in cold weather, no sweating or insects.
They are fantastic pipes! I only meant that the first briar I purchased was their "Beginners" model - sounds like you've got a proper set up there, and I agree re: cold weather, give me frostbitten mornings over midge ridden sunshine any day!

Status
Not open for further replies.