PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 31, 2021
Peak District, UK
Hi there - joining you all from the Peak District, UK. I am a relative newcomer to the world of pipe smoking - having only purchased my first pipe (a humble Vauen briar) a year ago. I've been hooked since on the ritual of it all, not to mention the infinite selection of makers, shapes and tobaccos to get lost in.

It's been a fun (and somewhat expensive) year! Not a single regret however...

Anyway, since I occasionally find myself on here trawling through threads I find interesting I thought I should create an account and stop being so passive - it's great to see so many members; I am under 30 and know literally nobody into pipes in my social circle, so looking forward to having a few conversations.

I'm also extremely fond of hiking & wild camping, and I'm incredibly lucky to live in an area of natural beauty where I can combine the two hobbies with smoking my pipe - something that has added great pleasure to sitting around the camp-fire ?

I've no idea what else to say, so I'll leave it at that.

Happy smoking!

Fred

Jun 9, 2018
England
Hi there - joining you all from the Peak District, UK. I am a relative newcomer to the world of pipe smoking - having only purchased my first pipe (a humble Vauen briar) a year ago. I've been hooked since on the ritual of it all, not to mention the infinite selection of makers, shapes and tobaccos to get lost in.

It's been a fun (and somewhat expensive) year! Not a single regret however...

Anyway, since I occasionally find myself on here trawling through threads I find interesting I thought I should create an account and stop being so passive - it's great to see so many members; I am under 30 and know literally nobody into pipes in my social circle, so looking forward to having a few conversations.

I'm also extremely fond of hiking & wild camping, and I'm incredibly lucky to live in an area of natural beauty where I can combine the two hobbies with smoking my pipe - something that has added great pleasure to sitting around the camp-fire ?

I've no idea what else to say, so I'll leave it at that.

Happy smoking!

Fred
Beautiful part of the country?.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I feel ignorant and too tired to google- I have heard "bandersnatch" a few times, but uncertain of the origin, or meaning, if any.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Status
Not open for further replies.