PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
A little bit of both. I'm actually on the Washington side these days so my online tobacco options are limited. But there are a couple brick and mortars around that have a decent (albeit expensive) supply of pipes, tins, and bulk.
Welcome from Orcas and yeah, no kidding is pricey in this state, ouch! I hope you can get reasonable price deliveries in Oregon. Discovered LJPeretti.com and is my now go to source. I will highly recommend their Pride of Loch Lomond blend, and am enjoying it right now...! Are prices good in OR and do you know if any good shops in Portland?

Reactions: CascadianFyn

CascadianFyn

Lurker
Oct 17, 2022
PacNW
Welcome from Orcas and yeah, no kidding is pricey in this state, ouch! I hope you can get reasonable price deliveries in Oregon. Discovered LJPeretti.com and is my now go to source. I will highly recommend their Pride of Loch Lomond blend, and am enjoying it right now...! Are prices good in OR and do you know if any good shops in Portland?
I've only been to one shop in Oregon so far and the prices were not good. I try to stick to online sales and have them shipped to a friend in Portland since some sites won't ship to WA. Thanks for the recommendations! I'll definitely check those out.

Reactions: Scottmi

Cap

Might Stick Around
Oct 8, 2022
S.W Michigan (For Now)
Howdy Pipers!
New member coming to you from Oregon/Washington (I go back and forth). Just recently picked up pipe smoking and am enjoying it immensely and learning a lot. I started off with a cheap no-name pipe and some generic brick and morter aromatic blends and have not been progressing into Virginia, English, and Burley blends. Picked up a couple of Savinellis but really want to diversify my pipe collection as well as my tobacco collection. I'm still learning what I like to smoke so recommendations are always welcome. So far I'm pretty happy with Mac Baren Virginia No. 1 but I have more blends on the way!
Looking forward to engaging with the community -
Fyn
Welcome from Michigan

Reactions: CascadianFyn

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Welcome from SE Louisiana.
I was stationed in the Seattle area from 1972 till Dec. 77.
It was a different Washington state back them and tobacco pipe shops could be found in most major cities. I remember sitting at the outdoor concerts at the Seattle Center and seeing numerous pipe smokers in the crowd.

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
Welcome from North Idaho, soon to be South Carolina. I lived in Portland from 96-2016.
I'm sure somebody's mentioned it already but have you been to Rich's tobacco shop?
Give us a report if you hit it up.
Happy Sipping...