PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Latakia Dave

Lifer
Mar 4, 2021
Shenandoah Vally Virginia
Hello everyone. New member here from Fredericksburg, VA. I've been a pipe smoker for 20 years now. Mostly just occasionally. But this past year I find myself lighting up more and more, as I find the pipe a great way to relax and reflect. The Mrs. and I have recently taken up RV camping, and enjoying a bowl of a good blend by the campfire is a great way to top off an evening. For Christmas, my wife bought me a Savinelli Clark's Favorite, which has stoked the flame of my pipe-smoking interest even more.

View attachment 191477
Welcome from the Shenandoah Valley.
We enjoy Rv’ing as well.

Reactions: fxdrider

fxdrider

Lurker
Jan 1, 2023
Welcome from Ky. . Beautiful pipe!
Welcome from Denver!
Thanks. It really is, and the photo doesn't do it justice. My wife found it when we were visiting Williamsburg for her company's Christmas party. We stopped in to our favorite tobacco shop there so I could replenish my supply of their Wild Cherry, and she happened to see it on display in their glass counter. As we left the shop, she made up some ruse about going to take a pic with Santa, who was sitting on a bench on the opposite street corner. I told her I'd wait in the truck. After she got her picture with St. Nick, she circled back to the tobacco shop and bought the pipe. It was taking what I thought was an awfully long time to just get a pic with Santa, so I got out of the truck to see if she was still there. She wasn't, so I called her. She says she's lost - which, if know my wife - is entirely a possibility. So, I'm trying to talk her way back in the right direction, all the while she's at the counter paying for the pipe. She enlisted the help of the several gentlemen smoking their cigars at the shop to keep a lookout for me, which they eagerly did - alerting her to my approach. While I was facing away from the store, scanning every direction to see if I could spot her, she sneaked out the side door of the shop and sort of just "appeared' there on the street behind me. I didn't think much of it at the time, but when I opened the gift on Christmas morning she was just bursting wanting to tell me the story of how it took a village - or at least the village tobacco lounge - to help keep the gift a secret.

Reactions: Coreios

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
Thanks. It really is, and the photo doesn't do it justice. My wife found it when we were visiting Williamsburg for her company's Christmas party. We stopped in to our favorite tobacco shop there so I could replenish my supply of their Wild Cherry, and she happened to see it on display in their glass counter. As we left the shop, she made up some ruse about going to take a pic with Santa, who was sitting on a bench on the opposite street corner. I told her I'd wait in the truck. After she got her picture with St. Nick, she circled back to the tobacco shop and bought the pipe. It was taking what I thought was an awfully long time to just get a pic with Santa, so I got out of the truck to see if she was still there. She wasn't, so I called her. She says she's lost - which, if know my wife - is entirely a possibility. So, I'm trying to talk her way back in the right direction, all the while she's at the counter paying for the pipe. She enlisted the help of the several gentlemen smoking their cigars at the shop to keep a lookout for me, which they eagerly did - alerting her to my approach. While I was facing away from the store, scanning every direction to see if I could spot her, she sneaked out the side door of the shop and sort of just "appeared' there on the street behind me. I didn't think much of it at the time, but when I opened the gift on Christmas morning she was just bursting wanting to tell me the story of how it took a village - or at least the village tobacco lounge - to help keep the gift a secret.
Great story! Sounds like you have both a great pipe and a great pipe.