PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

fxdrider

Lurker
Jan 1, 2023
Hello everyone. New member here from Fredericksburg, VA. I've been a pipe smoker for 20 years now. Mostly just occasionally. But this past year I find myself lighting up more and more, as I find the pipe a great way to relax and reflect. The Mrs. and I have recently taken up RV camping, and enjoying a bowl of a good blend by the campfire is a great way to top off an evening. For Christmas, my wife bought me a Savinelli Clark's Favorite, which has stoked the flame of my pipe-smoking interest even more.

2022-12-25_Savinelli_Clarks.jpeg

Last edited:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from your southerly neighbor N.C. I have a similar Savinelli that's been discontinued (I think) called the Prince of Wales, long-stemmed, rusticated with a smooth brim, that I enjoy a lot.

I've spent some time kicking around Virginia, both in the D.C. area, and in Richmond one time at the elaborate Jefferson Hotel, and in Lexington to visit the historical sites there, etc. I attended a scientific conference for work in Arlington in the middle of a blizzard, so everyone came in via the subway and stayed at the meeting hotel.

Reactions: fxdrider