PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadidunn

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2020
Hineston, LA
Welcome from your neighbor in Central Louisiana! Hope you enjoy the forum; lots of good information and opinions here.

GothPiper

Might Stick Around
Jun 28, 2021
Las Vegas, NV
Welcome from fabulous Las Vegas!

Ah, good pipe choice. I'm definitely planning on picking up a Peterson Dracula in the near future...

vegasForum.png

Jun 25, 2021
England
Hello All,

I was raised by my grandfather who was an avid pipe smoker. His preferred blends were Prince Albert and Sir Walter Raleigh. I sort of went the other direction and was a heavy cigarette smoker for 20 years. I did enjoy the occasional pipe during that time, though. I realized that I wasn't getting any younger and I was tired of being a slave to the cigarette, so I slowly transitioned myself over to the pipe. It was rough going from a pack and a half of cigarettes a day to 3 pipes a day. but eventually I learned to appreciate the pipe for what it was. Now, the highlight of my day is when I sit on the front porch in the evenings and enjoy a bowl. That was never the case with cigarettes.

My favorite pipe is my Peterson Dracula and my preferred blend depends on the mood I'm in. Nightcap is almost always my evening bowl. I start the morning out with a bowl of C&D Burley Flake No. 1 or Ten Russians. After lunch, I enjoy Brigadier Black Antietam or Sherman's March.

I have found that sitting on the porch with a pipe and a book is truly one of the great pleasures in life.
Hello and welcome from London. One day Sherlock Holmes was painting his porch a bright yellow colour, then Watson came along and said, what's that ? Holmes replied, it's a lemon entry dear Watson

Status
Not open for further replies.