PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,

I was raised by my grandfather who was an avid pipe smoker. His preferred blends were Prince Albert and Sir Walter Raleigh. I sort of went the other direction and was a heavy cigarette smoker for 20 years. I did enjoy the occasional pipe during that time, though. I realized that I wasn't getting any younger and I was tired of being a slave to the cigarette, so I slowly transitioned myself over to the pipe. It was rough going from a pack and a half of cigarettes a day to 3 pipes a day. but eventually I learned to appreciate the pipe for what it was. Now, the highlight of my day is when I sit on the front porch in the evenings and enjoy a bowl. That was never the case with cigarettes.

My favorite pipe is my Peterson Dracula and my preferred blend depends on the mood I'm in. Nightcap is almost always my evening bowl. I start the morning out with a bowl of C&D Burley Flake No. 1 or Ten Russians. After lunch, I enjoy Brigadier Black Antietam or Sherman's March.

I have found that sitting on the porch with a pipe and a book is truly one of the great pleasures in life.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Hello from Austin.

I have a can or two of the Brigadier stuff in the "cellar". How are they compared to the "non-aromatics" you're smoking?

Welcome to the forum.

1622997439795.jpeg

Reactions: indoeuro

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hey from central North Carolina. One of my peak pipe experiences in a stressful time was sitting on the porch at night with a big bowl of Nightcap. Welcome aboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.