PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

writepipe

Lurker
Jul 1, 2019
Good Morning,
I thought I might introduce myself as I am a new member. My name is Lee. I'm originally from the great state of Louisiana, but I've lived in exile in Texas for most of my life. I'm a retired firefighter. I was injured in 2012 and that brought about my retirement after 15 years on the job. As I was in my mid 30s, sitting around the house didn't appeal to me. I needed something else to do with my time, so I became a history professor/author. It's tough because my injuries left me with severe pain on a daily basis, but I make due.
I started smoking a pipe off and on back in 2016, but I was also a fairly heavy cigarette smoker. Last week I bid farewell to the cigarettes and moved over to the pipe full time. Right now, I'm smoking 3-4 bowls a day. As I'm still adjusting to life without massive amounts of Vitamin N. In the morning, I have a bowl of C&D Burley Flake #1 or Kendall Bold Kentucky Flake. In the afternoon I'll have some Prince Albert or Sir Walter Raleigh. And for my final bowl of the night, I smoke some Haunted Bookshop. The adjustment has been tough, but I'm starting to feel like I've turned a corner. I look forward to the evenings when I sit on the porch with my wife and have a pipe while listening to a baseball game on the radio. It's become the highlight of my day.
L.H.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Welcome from Austin.
Any good pipe shops out there?
jay-roger.jpg

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Be Welcome Sir and Best Greets, yes quitting cigs is quite a tough ,been doing this dance myself and still I do smoke 'em occasionally but no more than 4 max 5 per day,I don't feel any urge for them though since here in EU they quality of factory made ones and Ryo tobacco declined badly during these few years due to new Tar and nicotine content regulations.

bayareabriar

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2019
Welcome! I like to call that the Uncle Buck Plan: cigarettes, then cigars, then pipes (from the movie with John Candy).

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Welcome from Dallas. As my name suggests, transplant from Belgium for over 20 years now.

Smoke on !

Status
Not open for further replies.