PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

gubbyduffer

Can't Leave
May 25, 2021
Peebles, Scottish Borders
@Highlandpiper welcome!

Just the other day I started to watch ‘Grand Tours of Scotland's Lochs’.

Didn’t realize Scotland had around 31,000 Lochs, wow. :)

Paul Murton's Grand Tours programmes are good. Fun fact about Lochs. There is an inland fresh water loch called Loch Maree. In the middle of that loch is an island called Eilean Subhainn. On this island is a small loch with another island on it.
20230125_231019.jpg20230125_231317.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230125-230933_OS Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20230125-230933_OS Maps.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: PipeIT

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
The Clay King 👑 welcomes you to the forum from Chesterfield, Derbyshire, England.
I went to see the Sealed Knot re-enactment of the Battle of Nantwich last weekend; they brought the town centre to a standstill:)
I enjoyed a tankard of ale and an Old Dominion Jamestown clay pipe loaded with GH brown twist with some of the re-enactors at a pub in Nantwich; definitely an authentic 17th century experience with the church bells ringing in the background and the smell of the pipe smoke!

Highlandpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2023
Clynder, Argyll & Bute, G84 0QX
Paul Murton's Grand Tours programmes are good. Fun fact about Lochs. There is an inland fresh water loch called Loch Maree. In the middle of that loch is an island called Eilean Subhainn. On this island is a small loch with another island on it.
View attachment 197292View attachment 197294
Loch Maree 2 miles from my origins but reside elsewhere now unfortunately du to work commitments.

Reactions: gubbyduffer

OverMountain

Lifer
Dec 5, 2021
Western Caccalack Hinterlands
Been smoking a couple of months now and still can't master the breath/bellow method. Having a blast trying though and absolutely love the community. Such a chilled group of people who just slow down the world for a couple of hours a day.
One day, (probably soon) it will click. It’s called non declarative memory. Your brain is learning, and it will soon hit the target.

Dry your tobacco, sip. Keep it cool. Minimal smoke, maximum taste.
Welcome from the southern highlands.

Reactions: Highlandpiper
Jan 19, 2022
Welcome from Utah. We have a mountain nearby called Ben Lomond! When it comes to mild English blends, the world is your oyster. My first foray into English was Presbyterian Mix. If you’re looking for recommendation on something with a tolerable nic hit, that’d be my pick.

Reactions: Highlandpiper