PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Highlandpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2023
Clynder, Argyll & Bute, G84 0QX
An
Hey from central North Carolina, U.S., and welcome aboard. I've never gotten in step with breathing methods in pipe smoking. Sip, don't puff, and take your time. Enjoyment is the object. I loved Scotland, a fast-train overnight in about 1981, staying at the Catalonia Hotel in Edinburgh. Smelling the distilleries, my late wife asked a passing gent what that smell was, and he said, "It's me, my dear." The guards at the castle were stern about any unattended bags (not ours), but wonderfully solicitous of children (also not ours). They reminded me of my own father who had some Scot ancestry.
And you'll always be welcome back. Thx for the welcome. Really excited to be on the path with so many good people.

Fo0zle

Lurker
Jan 22, 2023
Western N.C.
Hello and welcome from North Carolina USA!

I’m working on the breath method too. I can do it, but I’m still trying to find tune my pacing. I end up getting a pretty big nicotine buzz about halfway through each bowl and have to stop for 5-10 minutes.

Granted I’ve been primarily smoking medium to strong English blends. I’d like to experiment with something milder.

Reactions: Highlandpiper

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
@Highlandpiper welcome!

Just the other day I started to watch ‘Grand Tours of Scotland's Lochs’.

Didn’t realize Scotland had around 31,000 Lochs, wow. :)