PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

antonine

Lurker
Sep 18, 2024
San Diego, CA
I agree with you about loving acrylic. I also hate ebonite and the maintenance. Some think it is too hard, but I appreciate that as I am a clincher and tear up ebonite quite often. You mention Petersons, I think you pick the lines with acrylic. Peterson's often use Vulcanite, which I also avoid.

Yes, historically you had to be a bit picky with Petersons if you wanted acrylic, as they only had a few lines that used it on the stems (e.g. Rosslare, Royal Irish, Flame Grain, etc). But lately it seems like they've started using acrylic more broadly, and these days you can get most of their pipes (including Systems!) with acrylic stems.

Nov 20, 2022
Wisconsin
Yes, historically you had to be a bit picky with Petersons if you wanted acrylic, as they only had a few lines that used it on the stems (e.g. Rosslare, Royal Irish, Flame Grain, etc). But lately it seems like they've started using acrylic more broadly, and these days you can get most of their pipes (including Systems!) with acrylic stems.
I love the system pipes! I always bring a system pipe for travel, as they allow bowl after bowl without any problem. That way I can carry a tin, lighter, cleaners, and a single pipe and smoke all day long when out and about.

Reactions: antonine